Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello, new member...

Ynot

Country Flag
england
I currently don’t have a cruiser, though I’ve had a couple in the past in Southern Africa.
Back in the UK now, and trying to find a good SWB Prado auto.
Right now I’m in Devon, and I’ve been looking for a few months for a vehicle, though seems they are a bit like hens teeth. Also been looking at potentially importing one from Japan (presumably), but that process looks to be a bit daunting... not to mention costly...
I’m no longer of an age to undertake some of the amazing repairs/rebuilds some of the guys on this, and other such sites, are able to perform - though I still like to read about them...
I hope that if and when I manage to locate and purchase myself the vehicle I’m looking for, I will be able to glean help/support and advice as and when I will undoubtably need it...
So, hello all ! From a rather chilly Devon...

Hello and welcome. It’s important before looking to get it down to what you want or need. E.g size, manual or auto and purpose to buying?

Lots to choose from just need to narrow down your search along with your budget.

Yes, for sure. My previous were both 5 door automatic and both were magnificent. The first was a used import I bought in Botswana. It was fantastic in every way. But when I moved to South Africa, I could not register that vehicle there as it was an import - so reluctantly had to sell it. A little while afterwards I bought a brand spanker out of the box. Also 5 door automatic, also an absolute gem. I sold that on just prior to leaving SA and returning to UK. Maybe I should’ve brought it with me... but, I didn’t...
So, now I’m looking for a 3 door automatic. A 3 door, as parking where I’m living now is limited, and auto as I have left foot “issues” where operating a clutch can be hit and miss - not good...
I have very fond memories of the miles and miles of trouble free motoring in Southern Africa, and losing a couple of rear doors is a price I’d gladly pay to regain that loose and easy driving position once again.
So, 3 door, automatic Prado. That’s my target vehicle...

Welcome aboard Ynot, and why not indeed!

Hen’s teeth does spring to mind with what you want, but undoubtedly, your vehicle is out there, you just have to find it.

Best of luck with your search...

Thanks Clive.
I’ve seen the odd “maybe” match. But having been bitten in the past with other vehicles, I’m a bit wary to travel 100 miles+ with limited knowledge of what to look for/at...
Of course I’m aware that an older vehicle would probably need some “attention”. Which as long as the attention is doable for a reasonable outlay, I’m good to go with it.
The search goes on....

New member here. Allan Vivian from Tweed Heads in NSW Australia. I have a silver 2001 diesel auto with 345k. Kimberly alloy wheels with a/t tyres, cb, alloy b/bar with IPP lights. I have owned a few cruisers over quite a few years including a '64 FJ45 wagon. As a Fitter I do all my own maintenance and repairs and also on my sons 80 series. Tow a 17' pop top c/van.
Recently replaced steering rack & lower ball joints & fitted extra transmission cooler.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi there Ynot,

Welcome aboard this most friendly forum. There’s a few to choose from around and about so keep checking on here as well as sometimes members post up vehicles they know or have seen. If you spot one that’s a way away from you there’s guys on here that know cruisers who will gladly look over one for you if close by. In short, you’re in the right place and we look forward to seeing some pics of your new truck when it arrives.

Best wishes
Rich

New member here. Allan Vivian from Tweed Heads in NSW Australia. I have a silver 2001 diesel auto with 345k. Kimberly alloy wheels with a/t tyres, cb, alloy b/bar with IPP lights. I have owned a few cruisers over quite a few years including a '64 FJ45 wagon. As a Fitter I do all my own maintenance and repairs and also on my sons 80 series. Tow a 17' pop top c/van.
Recently replaced steering rack & lower ball joints & fitted extra transmission cooler.
Hi Allan, probably best starting your own thread in the introduce yourself section where we can give you a proper welcome. See you there. :)

Hello ynot from devon too. Best of luck with your search. The target vehicle is stonking so be patient. There should be lots on here to lean about while you are waiting

Is this what you have in mind? This is on ebay
Yes Gav, that is absolutely what I’m looking for.
Newer would also be OK, but yes this is exactly the mix.
I have already sent a question through eBay for more details and pics - not had a response. Also sent a text message to the number in the ad - no response either.
Thanks for the heads up...

Funnily enough I was down there yesterday for a green laning day! I am further up Devon near Cullompton.

Funnily enough I was down there yesterday for a green laning day! I am further up Devon near Cullompton.
Green laning...
I used to do a bit of that by accident - when I used to take my G-Wagen up to Somerset for some fettling...

Back