I am in great_britain
Jun 17, 2019
Kettering, Northamptonshire
The 120 is a really good truck.
As said before.
The 80 series are old and noisy.
The 100 series are crazy prices
120 is the peach.

My daughter is looking for a nice 120 series, of about 2007.
I found this for her, but she wanted to wait until after the New Year.

MOT history notes corrosion issues from 2017 onwards, tell tale signs for me were the wheels, still it sold cheap enough to be worth sorting, course it might not be as bad as it sounds.
Don't forget highest VED class if regd from March 2006 onwards.

Paulys

I am in uk
Jan 1, 2021
Huge amount to think about and thanks to you all for taking time to comment.
the defender went as it was too small for the family and being6 2 was not exactly spacious.
wouldnt ever consider a Disco ( but thanka for the suggestion Higgy )
Likely a 100 or a 120. Just need to get out there now and see some once lockdown eases. Whatever I buy j will have professionally undersealed, taking on the advice re rust.
Graham - thanks for link which proves they are out there !!
If people hear of one on the grapevine please let me know.

Juddian

Supporter
I am in great_britain
Jun 17, 2019
Kettering, Northamptonshire
Paulys, be wary of professional rustprooofers, some of whom just pressure wash the underbelly, blow dry it then spray waxoyl or similar about, it will look the dogs danglers when done but this will only seal the existing rust in and allow it to fester, and cause destructuve water traps when it start to peel off.
You can do a better job yourself every couple of years for the next ten years for the £400+ the pro will cost for a one off.

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

Graham

I am in uk
Mar 22, 2010
Warrington, Cheshire
Garage
My ideal Land Cruiser, for my wife, would be the 100 series petrol, (late 2003 to 2006) with the newer gearbox.
Her does so few miles, and I have company vehicle.
I just can't get my head around some of the 100 series prices.

Reactions: Paulys

Paulys

I am in uk
Jan 1, 2021
The 100 are great cars and if I can get a good one then would be a keeper but as you say prices seem high at the moment

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks