Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HELP!!! Cigarette Lighters no longer works after headunit change

AlexWaltham

Hi.
Iv just recently installed a new head unit on my fathers 1998 100 series landcruiser. I used a wiring diagram off the internet, it all seemed to go well and everything was working until we noticed that the cigarette lighters didnt work anymore as well as the illumination lights in the climate control.

What could i have i done wrong?

There was a blue and yellow wire that has 12v power (that what i originally tapped into as thats what the diagram said to do) and as soon as i did that everything began to not work.

Any help is appreciated
P.S. its not a fuse lol

Thank you

Probably worth a look at that blue/yellow wire to see if it's got cut. If you used scotch locks they can sometimes cut wires if not fitted correctly. If not, trace it back and see if a connector has got pulled off or something.

When you tapped into the Blue/Yellow wire, presumably it was still attached both ends? If this is still the case, whatever you used to tap into it may have cut it. If it is no longer attached at both ends, you will need to find the end and where it used to attach to. Start by looking at the cigarette lighter and seeing if it has all its wires or anything missing.

Post some photos if you're still stuck.

Back