Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hey ppl

Ojay

Country Flag
australia
need some help to understand what’s happened to my 80 series 1995

Very thing was fine until that one day ..my mate took my truck to rescue his stuck truck somewhat 3 hours from Sydney since it came back I started to notice it was kinda pulling towards the right on a straight rd I called him and asked has he done anything but he said nah .. so I kinda ignored it thinking it might need alignment or sumfin had to leave for overseas next week so told another mate to drop us off to the airport. Now I got this voice msg from him .. here it goes .. “ yo am lucky to be alive mate as I dropped youz off and was coming on the m5 your truck front right tyre got jammed and I tried to move on the side looked around everything seemed normal got back drove it was not moving right at all struggling and he drove it like that for 36 kilometers until the front right tyre got busted and had to load it on a truck as it’s jammed as anything

Sounds like your mate hit something and lied about it. Nice.

Hmmm.. I’ve taken the tyre out am gonna see my mate and ask exactly what happened and will update just came back from overseas

That's what I like, a fully detailed technical report :lol:

Mama, it could be almost anything.

Something that would burst a tyre and fit the description of 'totally jammed' suggests the right wheel wasn't rotating. Hard to imagine driving a truck with one wheel locked (especially on the front) for 37 km.... :shock:

He deserves a good talking to with a hammer, just for that.

And what would cause a wheel to lock up solid, could be brakes, wheel bearing, CV joint (?), Body/chassis if something's well bent...

Who knows... till you see it.

Cant wait to see how this one Pans out!!:lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hey guys thanks for the help.. did not have time to check it properly .. but found out the problem the brake callipers bottom bolt had come out and the caliper was rubbing against the rim which wrecked the rim and made it jammed rest is all good thanks for the help guys .. until I f... up again

I’ve had this happen and it’s scary but it takes minutes to find. Madness to drive it like it and so obvious something is wrong. I wouldn’t be your Mate any more if you got me to drive it like that without saying anything. How he got 37 Km out of it without getting out and inspecting it (it’s obvious when it starts scoring a line round the inside of the rim) or killing him or someone else beats me.

Guys, be aware, look after yourselves out there!

As for whoever worked on that wheel’s brakes last I’d be going to have a word with them. Bolts don’t come loose if tightened properly. I didn’t tighten mine. Got distracted. Now I’ve learned.

Back