Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi fella's i'm back for a flying visit so heres a report on how stuff is holding up .

Shayne

Guru
In just over a month i've done over 2000 miles , mostly on an Island 27 miles long so obviously i've been in and out of my truck many many times . The sidesteps i painted black with Isoflex show absolutely no sign of wear and as i must use the step every time i get in (dodgy leg) i'm happy to recommend Isoflex as sidestep or slider paint .
Stuff081_zpse28548b2.jpg

As for the seats , i have had umpteen passengers and not one has commented either way on them , hence i must assume all the passengers assumed they are standard factory seats which to my mind is a good thing , bit like people only notice a BAD haircut !

The seats have held up well though i have noticed a very faint blue shadow appearing in the former cracks but thankfully it appears as normal wear and tear . I've tried to take a pic but it may not show up very well on a com ?
Stuff080_zps41bbdfe9.jpg

Apart from that i killed my clutch towing a loaded 3 tonne trailer a couple of hundred miles through country lanes (5 trips in all and lots of hill starts) Toyota happily relieved me of £600 to fix it asap which to be honest i felt was quite reasonable . Unfortunately i said while you have it in bits i want a new timing chain and a full service meaning everything from diffs greased to electrical connections checked . The only real fault they found was a broken stablizer on the front suspension . I told em to change both . They wanted £140 just for parts to repair the occasional short in my indicator stalk but i declined .

Total bill £1700 YIKES !

Nevermind i reckon she will do me another 10 years at least and i don't carry breakdown cover so it should pay for itself in the end .

Back