Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi from Cairo/Egypt

khorrassany

Hi,

Your name: Issa
Cruiser: Prado, KZJ-90, 1999, Manual Transmission
Mods on the shorty: OME Suspension, Roof Rack, Snorkel, Front Bumper, Homemade Drawer System, Just replaced the 1KZ-TE with a 1KZ-T
Plans for the Cruiser: Sub-Tank, Dual Battery, Intercooler
4x4 Experience: Dune Bashing, Navigation

Was hoping to replace the 1KZ with the new D4D 1KD-FTV engine but their not common over here plus the bad quality of diesel we get here.

My Dad owns a 80 series , took me some time to convince him to replace his Discovery and finally did! :)

These are the 80 specs:

Cruiser: 80 series, HDJ-80, Automatic Transmission
Mods on the shorty: OME Suspension, Roof Rack, original winch, Front Bumper
Plans for the Cruiser: Long range fuel tank, Intercooler

I owned a couple of 4x4 till I figured out what a Landcruiser are and then had a couple of cruisers before settling on the Prado so here is the cruisers list with some pictures...Enjoy!

* FJ-70 - sold a to dear friend
* LJ-70 - worst cruiser owned but cheapest spares
* RJ-70 - coils are big improvement over leaf springs!
* HDJ-75 - with an intercooler...big beast!
* RN-125 - 4Runner
And finally the 90 series....

Attachments

• PICT2004.JPG
    PICT2004.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 204
  • 274_24242119001_5570_n.jpg
    274_24242119001_5570_n.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 138
  • 274_24242164001_7972_n.jpg
    274_24242164001_7972_n.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 133
  • 10092010003.jpg
    10092010003.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 197
  • DSC00485.jpg
    DSC00485.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_1597.JPG
    IMG_1597.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_2892.JPG
    IMG_2892.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 182
Welcome! Cool trucks - and a great country to enjoy them in! Hope they're safe from all your local troubles!

How much more power do you reckon you actually get out of the manual 1kzt fuel pump? The main reason for the electronically controlled injection pump was for fuel economy mostly but that makes the pump hard to tweak for more power, where as I heard the manual pumps are a lot easier to tweak to send in more fuel?

Although I wouldn't recommend doing so without other mods, mainly intercooler and bigger exhaust due to higher EGT's.

Nice cruisers by the way!

Hello my friend. Welcome and thanks for share your pictures. Cool trucks and definitivelly driving in sand is hard.

Hello my friend. Welcome and thanks for share your pictures. Cool trucks and definitivelly driving in sand is hard.

How much more power do you reckon you actually get out of the manual 1kzt fuel pump? The main reason for the electronically controlled injection pump was for fuel economy mostly but that makes the pump hard to tweak for more power, where as I heard the manual pumps are a lot easier to tweak to send in more fuel?

Although I wouldn't recommend doing so without other mods, mainly intercooler and bigger exhaust due to higher EGT's.

Nice cruisers by the way!

Welcome! Cool trucks - and a great country to enjoy them in! Hope they're safe from all your local troubles!

@ Gary...It is really a beautiful country as long as your far from trouble, but unfortunately we're stuck in Cairo mainly for business and services.
By the way cruisers has been on the top of the hijacked cars for the last 3 years so hope to stay safe!

@ Beau...I got an imported manual 1KZ, but it's really hard to compare as my electric 1KZ engine was in really bad condition with a lot of broken sensors and no one was able to tune it. I hear a knock when I cold start the engine, so checked with my mechanic and he's assuming that the pump delivers extra fuel and need to be adjusted. Just waiting to cover at least 1500 km and will change oil and filter and see how it will sound like.

@ James... Thanks mate! I guess every part of the world has it's beauty! ;)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back