Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi from Denmark:)

Anders Ernst

Hello, my name is Anders, 20 years old. Im living in Denmark just nearby Legoland:)

Im totally new in four by fours, until now I have only had them in 1:10 (me and the guys in the local club http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GRk0ZO0 ... ature=plcp), which is also a lot of fun, but with the 1:1's I am already sold.

Just bought myself a 1987 Land Cruiser LJ70 2,4TD with 386.000km on the clock.

It needs quite a loving hand, especially when it comes to rust (but having driven old VW's for a couple of years have given me quite a lot of experience in that disciplin)

Except for that, my plan is to make it ready for some more serious offroad.
That includes:

Aussielocker in the front diff. (have spoken to a couple of danes, who has good experiences with them, and the price is not anywhere near airlockers)
Larger tires (think I'm going for 33" BFG M/T KM2, I don't think that the little engine can handle any more)
HDJ80 springs for lift.
2" bodylift.
A winch, and properly more later on.

And of course a couple of pics of the animal:)

2419650.jpg

2419721.jpg

2419652.jpg

Should there be anyone in here who has workshopmanuals, of just any kind of papers about the LJ70, I'd be glad if i could have a copy on [email protected]

Cheers

Welcome to the club. Another 70, that will make Ben happy indeed!

Welcome Anders, great little RC models and so well filmed they look almost real :thumbup:

TonyP said:

I can imagine, I've also already gone through the tread about his fantastic project:)

Cossack said:
Welcome Anders, great little RC models and so well filmed they look almost real :thumbup:

Thanks, actually my RC Defenders i think is worth more than my Cruiser :p

But LR is fine for scale models, but in the real world, i go for Toyota :thumbup:

Welcome :thumbup:

Spent quite a bit time in Denmark working.

Is there not a restriction on lift kits over there?

Welcome, nice looking little cruiser you have there :D

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Paul said:
Welcome :thumbup:

Spent quite a bit time in Denmark working.

Is there not a restriction on lift kits over there?

Hi and thankks, in Denmark we have restrictions for everything, actually some times, i doubt that you are alowed to have a car. You can't lift it, you can't change the engine, actually even my 31" inch tires are illegal, you can't change the exhaust, you must not fit more than 4 extra lights, and so on and on.
Besides that it cost's a fortune. We pay a tax due to the weight of the veichle, which alone is around 450£ a year, and also my insurance (only covering the damage i can do to others) is around 1600£ a year, with 2 years not doing any damage.. :thumbdown:

Julian T said:
Welcome, nice looking little cruiser you have there :D
Thanks

TonyP said:

:dance: :thumbup:

Anders Ernst said:
TonyP said:

I can imagine, I've also already gone through the tread about his fantastic project:)

Cossack said:

Thanks, actually my RC Defenders i think is worth more than my Cruiser :p

But LR is fine for scale models, but in the real world, i go for Toyota :thumbup:

thank you, very kind words. :)

welcome to the club, i like your 70. :thumbup:

ive got some manuals you can have, just need to work out how to email them to you, there in PDF format. :think:

ben said:
welcome to the club, i like your 70. :thumbup:

ive got some manuals you can have, just need to work out how to email them to you, there in PDF format. :think:

Thanks, I would appreciate that :thumbup:

Roger Fairclough said:
Legoland, so that puts you near Billlund. Laugh a minute that place.

Welcome.

Roger

Thanks and yes, 5min away:)

Ecoman said:
Hi and welcome aboard :thumbup:

Thanks

Hello and welome to the club.
Nice looking jeep you have.
The restrictions are not very friendly in for vehicles in Denmark. :?
Looking forward to seeing more from you.

All the best :thumbup:

Indigo Spirit said:
Hello and welome to the club.
Nice looking jeep you have.
The restrictions are not very friendly in for vehicles in Denmark. :?
Looking forward to seeing more from you.

All the best :thumbup:

Thanks :) Yes the restrictions are not very friendly indeed, but rules are to be broken :lol:

I'm already working on taking some pictures for a new thread. I'm currently working on the rust at the edge of the roof. So pictures will come soon.

Conrad-BJ70 said:
Welcome! Nice truck! :)

Thanks to you too :)

Hi Anders -and welcome to this forum...looking forward to see your project develope :)

....and good to see a fellow dane here :thumbup:

Are you going to the Beach Tour 2012 in Løkken this weekend? :cool:

Lars

Lars Bo Kjeldstrom said:
Hi Anders -and welcome to this forum...looking forward to see your project develope :)

....and good to see a fellow dane here :thumbup:

Are you going to the Beach Tour 2012 in Løkken this weekend? :cool:

Lars

Thanks, no haven't got the time, and Løkken, is quite a trip, in a Cruiser like mine :)

just realised i forgot to email you the toyota manuals. :doh: :oops:

just emailing them across to you now Anders. ;)

ben said:
just realised i forgot to email you the toyota manuals. :doh: :oops:

just emailing them across to you now Anders. ;)

I have recieved them, thanks a lot :thumbup:

Now i just need the time to give my Toyota some love :) , my part exam as an electrician I think might have to come first though...

Back