Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi from the south of France

John Packham

Hi to all. I'm taking delivery of my first Land Cruiser next week - a 120 Auto. I've spent most of this year looking at various 4x4s and eventually my good sense won!

Hi and welcome aboard :thumbup:

Come on then, don't be shy, post some piccies of your new toy ;)

Picked up the "le Land" today. A couple of questions... what is 2nd STRT and can anybody tell me the correct torque settings for standard wheel nuts, preferably in lbft.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi John,

Welcome.

2nd start allows you to pull away slowly on slippery surfaces with less chance of spinning the wheels, as you might in 1st

Dont know about the torque settings.

cheers

Reinhard

Torque on the wheel nuts is 116Nm if I remember correctly. Sorry - no idea what that is in old-fashioned measurements.

Welcome aboard - hope you enjoy your 120. What variant did you get - I know they're slightly different over there, besides having the steering-wheel on the wrong side :lol:

Gary Stockton said:
Torque on the wheel nuts is 116Nm if I remember correctly. Sorry - no idea what that is in old-fashioned measurements.
that's 85lbft for those of us with american torque wrenches.
Gary Stockton said:
Welcome aboard - hope you enjoy your 120. What variant did you get - I know they're slightly different over there, besides having the steering-wheel on the wrong side :lol:
It's in my signature... and I don't know what spec the UK ones are (apart from the steering wheel being on the wrong side) so I don't know where mine would fit in the range. There is a VXE here which has more goodies than mine.

Ok - so a VX. Roughly equivalent to an LC4. Does it have rear air suspension? Suspect not. But what's the '165'??

Gary Stockton said:
Ok - so a VX. Roughly equivalent to an LC4. Does it have rear air suspension? Suspect not. But what's the '165'??
I don't think it has air suspension but I haven't looked. 165bhp, or is it 166bhp I haven't managed to get a definitive answer. It's not got electric or leather seats but it does have dual climate control. There's a centre diff lock switch but no rear diff lock switch. It's a 5 speed auto - what else... it's booked in for its injector seats recall next week. Overall it's a very clean example - I have seen some rough ones in my search.

I've now decided it's a 166 not a 165 - depends on where you read it.

Back