Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi Guys

Frank Forster

Country Flag
uk
It was nice meeting you all on the overland show, really enjoyed my self hope we meet again on the next outing...
:)
and thanks for all the info,and the great stores of your travels all i can say WOW

PS.. hope one of you can put me in contact with the guy that maybe has a spear fuel tank that will fit in to my
FJ Cruiser

THANKS GUYS HEADS UP AND HAPPY OVER-LANDING

Hi Frank. Welcome to another FJ owner. Is the Magma pic your one? A Jap import? If so an aux tank is fairly easy with several options. Mine is a US spec with a Charcoal canister where the tank goes so complicated the fit.

If there's anything you need let me know, I've got a shed full of bits I've taken off that need a home!

Hi Frank. Welcome to another FJ owner. Is the Magma pic your one? A Jap import? If so an aux tank is fairly easy with several options. Mine is a US spec with a Charcoal canister where the tank goes so complicated the fit.

If there's anything you need let me know, I've got a shed full of bits I've taken off that need a home!
Yes it is mien cost a arm and a leg but i love it i'm so happy that i when for it and yes Japan import.
Regarding the fuel tank it would be nice if you could help me with this.....
i'm happy that there is a FJ here so i don't feel so lost by my self :) heheheh
Thanks in advance for all your help

Happy to help with anything I can.

For aux fuel tank the options are one from Australia an OE tank that has been removed to fit an LPG in its place. They do exist, are good price and this was what I was initially going to do. The other options I know of are FrontRunner (South Africa) and LRA both offer aux tank options. I suggest you join up with the FJCruiserForums.com the US forum or FJCC.com.au as lots of FJ specific info. The US site has lots of threads on aux tanks and the issues of aftermarket ones throwing codes etc. In RSA, Gulf States and Australia the 2nd tank is OE fitment. My tank was custom made by a US forum member but is a little smaller than the OE or other options at 65 litres usable.

BTW nice to see a Magma... I wasn't quite brave enough to go with the colour unseen when I bought mine in as in some of the photo's it looked 'peach' rather than orange... kinda regret it.

hehehe

some how true ... i like the colour then it stands out like hell you can see it for miles HEHE

Thanks for the info i hope that tank will not cost 2 legs and 2 arms :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Frank, glad you made it. Wasn't too hard was it. And great to have another FJ along. One day we might actually get to see one, until then we only have your words that you two actually own one........

Frank, glad you made it. Wasn't too hard was it. And great to have another FJ along. One day we might actually get to see one, until then we only have your words that you two actually own one........

I can send you the receipts for Petrol....lol

Oh I bet you can. Wait til you start towing.

hi Frank, happy to see you made it over!

Does the 120 long ranger fit into the FJ ? that might be another route to try...

no not that hard HEHE so how was the show on Sunday the weather was better RIGHT

Does the 120 long ranger fit into the FJ ? that might be another route to try...

Ja lots of nice people in this club...!!!!!!

I got no idea i wish it was like this hope some one knows if that will work

120Litre or 120 Series LC?

There is a Long Ranger 120 litre tank option for the FJ they also offer a 84L. LRA (Long Range Automotive, just to be confusing) do a 115L replacement for the 75L OE.

What I don't know is the spec of the Jap market cars, but I would think they have the charcoal canister in the engine bay like the AUS spec in which case the aftermarket tanks should fit, as would a take out OE tank from AUS which do come up for sale now and again as people swap them out for an LPG tank.

Just a word of warning, if you put a rear tank in you'll probably need to upgrade the rear springs, the AUS spec with twin tanks come with heavier springs than the US models stock.

Welcome aboard Frank, I know nothing about FJ Cruisers, but it’s good to have another FJ owner posting, I imagine Sarah was feeling lonely :thumbup: :lol:

120Litre or 120 Series LC?

There is a Long Ranger 120 litre tank option for the FJ they also offer a 84L. LRA (Long Range Automotive, just to be confusing) do a 115L replacement for the 75L OE.

What I don't know is the spec of the Jap market cars, but I would think they have the charcoal canister in the engine bay like the AUS spec in which case the aftermarket tanks should fit, as would a take out OE tank from AUS which do come up for sale now and again as people swap them out for an LPG tank.

Just a word of warning, if you put a rear tank in you'll probably need to upgrade the rear springs, the AUS spec with twin tanks come with heavier springs than the US models stock.

I meant the kdj120 platform. The 120 Prado, 4runner landcruiser LC series etc share quite a lot of the kit under the body and trim. So, just wondering.

I meant the kdj120 platform. The 120 Prado, 4runner landcruiser LC series etc share quite a lot of the kit under the body and trim. So, just wondering.

OK gotcha, Yes the FJ is on either the 120 or 150 chassis depending on age, Looks like Frank's is on a 150 but the rear overhang is shorter so I'm not sure if the rails are shorter. Worth measuring.

Now i have to find someone that has one in his garage ...Fuel tank ....

Back