Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

How much value can you add to a RAC checked car?

warrenpfo

How much value if any does one give to an RAC checked vehicle?

I am off to view the following on Saturday which is only 8 miles away has under a 100k on the clock and they would let go for 10k. That leaves me change to add both a longranger tank and set of draws.

It also has no touch screen controlled AC which is great and a full service history with apparently no rust.
Its not the 5spd but then its a whole lot cheaper.

http://www.pearlcars.co.uk/used-cars/to ... 0435228829

warrenpfo said:
How much value if any does one give to an RAC checked vehicle?
Not a huge amount - I think they would pick on any major flaws like a missing wheel or dead batteries but I doubt they'd be as thorough as you will be, given it's your cash at stake and you know what foibles to look for in a 100 :mrgreen:

That truck looks good - nice price :thumbup: One thing I have noticed with lots of 100s around that vintage (2000-2002) - nearly all of them seem to have mileage either just under 100k or >150k. :think: I'm not saying this one has had a haircut but it seems that many tidy examples might might have. Definitely worth validating the mileage if at all possible. If RAC can do that, then their inspection would be worth something.

eh? didnt you just sell a non-5spd warren?

so wouldnt you end up having the same spec 100-series again?

Cheers Frank I will go with my eyes wide open and be very considered in my opinion. No deposits, if i dont drive it i wont buy it and little do they know that for once the customer does know far more than they do on this one. I will aslo confirm my interest only if the agreed offer of £10k is accepted as I dont want to waste my time.

Ill call them again tomorrow.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I personally would say nothing at all. Like in every profession theres people who havnt a clue what there talking about. Dont get me wrong theres hundreds that do though.

Karl

Not for me, its been rear ended and had some spray work done on the rear panel along with a dent that has not been treated behind the rear bumper.

They have touched up the wheel arches with body paint but have done a poor job.

I was there 5 min and walked away.

Doesn't say much for the RAC check, unless they'd already pointed this out :whistle:

So basically, they just wasted your time, and got you there under false pretenses

Gra.

Back