Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Husky 8 winch query

hillbillysimon

Anybody had any experience of wiring in a Husky 8 winch into an 80 series 24v diesel, will the standard alternator & battery set up cope with the high ampage supply these winches need, 400 amps on full load :shock: . Something to do with the inefficient but ultra reliable worm drive gearbox ??

Yes, but no experience of one on a LC, only on Land Rovers. If they can cope a LC will. As long as your not winching all day you will be fine.

i am fitting tgis winch to mine. i am not going to worry but i may fit the thicker of the 2 power cables i have. the cables from the solinod are no thicker then the ones on my 8274 i have as well. the huskey is alot harder to fit as they are very off set. they can only go above the chassis rails and have a lump and lip at the back that will catch on a tag on the chassis. i have modded one of karl bumpers alot to make the husky fit. thet will not fit a arb or that type of bumper. if you are thinking of buying 1 dont bother and get a normal winch.
mine cost me nothing so its worth the effort.
stu

Huskys are great but a bugger to fit. As far as power goes, there's not a lot in it, I've measured my low profile at 500+ Amps.......
always use the biggest cable anyway, 35mm for infrequent use

Back