Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I fricking want this LC so bad

Can you find out who makes the demountable/camper unit on that dutch truck? I've got another project in mind
I don't recognize the camper unit, but I know that Trayon, Australian, imports his nice cabins in Europe, by a Swiss couple. Look on their site. Seen the cabins on an expo. Beautiful. Needs a certified tray though.

I don't recognize the camper unit, but I know that Trayon, Australian, imports his nice cabins in Europe, by a Swiss couple. Look on their site. Seen the cabins on an expo. Beautiful. Needs a certified tray though.

Thanks for that idea - will take a look

Andrew St Pierre White has moved to Western Australia and has bought a 79 double cab as his next expedition project...

...and has now sold it and waiting for a new Troopy to arrive in March...

I have spent 10 years looking for one in UK and finally picked it up 4 weeks ago. Imported from Australia, D4D 4.5 v8 TDI single cab and RHD"!

Very lucky indeed, be paitent, they do turn up once in a while.

pictures, dare I ask what you paid? was it already imported or you went through the import process?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It was imported for me, picked it up 4 weeks ago. 10 years old with less than 50,000 kms, couldn't believe it's done so little mileage. Tray on the back is mint, not a scratch on it. Drives straight and had it checked out, no rust. I paid about 50% of new.

You can purchase these new in UK, there is a company in Stamford Lincs importing LHD, then converting it is approx £47k. I figured genuine RHD would be the way to go

Photo taken 4 weeks ago

image.jpeg

Well done Pedro, they are a cool truck, seems there is a handful of them in the UK now, the one I am swear of was brand new, I think it came in to the UK in 2016.

There is someone importing LHD brand new in Stamford Lincs, he does the conversion to RHD. I believe now that landrover has stopped making the defender, we will see more cruisers on the road in UK

It was imported for me, picked it up 4 weeks ago. 10 years old with less than 50,000 kms, couldn't believe it's done so little mileage. Tray on the back is mint, not a scratch on it. Drives straight and had it checked out, no rust. I paid about 50% of new.

Can I ask how did you get on insuring it? Who did you use?

I have just picked up a GRJ79 and need to get that sorted.

Cheers

Ali

Hi Ali, I used Adrian Flux for insurance, I struggled to find someone who would insure it. I had a policy with direct line for my Q7 but they wouldn't touch my cruiser

Hi Ali, I used Adrian Flux for insurance, I struggled to find someone who would insure it. I had a policy with direct line for my Q7 but they wouldn't touch my cruiser

Thanks for that.

Just got insurance with them yesterday actually. Not cheap!! Hopefully once it has a UK reg, someone else might give me a better quote.

Takes a bit of time and effort to get on the road. At least it passed the IVA.

Back