Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I like being well lubricated!

yogi

Garage
Country Flag
ireland
What oil do people recommend for manual transmissions?

I'm finding it very hard to find what is actually recommended in the FSM, and especially without EP additives (which are meant to be bad for yellow metals):angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming:

I have just bought 3 litres of Comma SX75W-90 Semi synthetic gear oil, non hypoid to try in the green 97 80. I am going through it from end to end but might not be able to change it for up to a week as I am going through the air con system at the moment. I've been unable to find a fully synthetic gear oil that wasn't hypoid up to now but will give this a go and report back.

Andy

Castrol Syntrans 75w-90 FS gear oil.

There we are, a fully synthetic gear oil, thanks Phil.
Just one thing, its 3x dearer than the semi synth, 3x as good in a cruiser box?? Might have an advantage in a heavily laden expedition type application.

Andy

Talk to Opie they will sort some good oil at the right price

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I don't know whats in the box of my GX at the moment but the box is very smooth. I will report when I change it to see if there is any difference.

Andy

been using http://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/product.php/254/red-line-mt-90-gear-oil last few years in my manual and transfer boxes.

Bloody expensive but after making the mistake of getting the local stealership do a full service when I got my 80, whatever they put in the gearbox made it near impossible to drop into 2nd when cold.

Quickly dropped the Toyo oil and fitted the Red Line. Huge improvement even on a cold winters morning.

Dave.

Back