Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

If only they had put a better engine in it

I have always liked the Isuzu diesel engines, especially the 2.5 naturally aspirated in the kb series pickups
and I believe this engine is a 3.0L, 4-cylinder, double overhead cam, Intercooled turbo diesel engine,
Seems to me this engine will be a power house.

It was only the 3.0 trooper engine that was a let down, temperamental injection system that had issues. Great when it worked though.

Does look a great motor, factory 35's :icon-cool:

Reactions: Sag
Key specs
  • Model: Isuzu D-Max AT35
  • Price: £34,499
  • Engine: 2.5-litre 4cyl turbodiesel
  • Power: 161bhp
  • Transmission: Five-speed automatic, four-wheel drive
  • 0-62mph: 15 seconds (est)
  • Top speed: 100mph (est)
  • Economy: 30mpg (est)
  • CO2: N/A
  • On sale: Now

Ahh, did't see that bit of info, ......
I stand corrected.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Comes with a 3.0 in Aus, but, like the 2.8 HiLux, I don't think the UK market gets the bigger engines.

I have a soft spot for the Isuzu's. First 4x4 was a 3.1 trooper and the 4x4 I had just before buying my lj70 was a 3.1 mu. Ye the 3 ltr was temperamental but once they are serviced properly and regularly they're not abused they are a decent engine. Not as good a 3.1 but good torque motor imo.
Think we still get the 3 ltr aswell as the 2.5 here in Ireland, open to correction though

I have a soft spot for the Isuzu's. First 4x4 was a 3.1 trooper and the 4x4 I had just before buying my lj70 was a 3.1 mu. Ye the 3 ltr was temperamental but once they are serviced properly and regularly they're not abused they are a decent engine. Not as good a 3.1 but good torque motor imo.
Think we still get the 3 ltr aswell as the 2.5 here in Ireland, open to correction though

When I was looking to buy a 4x4,my wife and I took an Isuzu Bighorn as they were known in NZ for a test driveIt wasn't bad.But you'll find this hard to believe,my wife said No because her sisters would give her hell because they may link the name with a certain part of my anatomy.So we got a Prado.

Had 2 troopers, a 3.1 and a 3.0. Both extensively modified and both good vehicles. Just never felt I could trust the 3.0 tbh and had issues with it a few times

Back