Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I'm exporting mint Land Cruiser 40, 50, 60, 70, 80 & 90 series from Colombia

Hi Matt, Where would you be importing to? The USA! What are your regulations, as far as i know it's 25 year min.

If you have a way to bring them in let us know.

Cheers,

Blake

Hi Blake

In in South Africa and there's no limit on age. There are restrictions around ownership but there are ways around them
Any idea of vehicle price? The good ones in the UK go for around £7000 max..

Thanks
Matt

Hi Matt:

Little delayed on the reply, I was away at the farm this long weekend in a place called Manizales in Colombia. Wow there are a lot of fj40s rolling around and 80 series.

I'll post 2 here and you let me know what you think and if you can import them with the modifications shown in the photos.

Just a little Colombian History: These 80 models are apparently the truck of choice for the cartels down here back in the day as they never broke down and are tough as nails. They hold there value that's for sure... these are the ones that i could find locally but i'm know digging further we can find some out of the city that we can hard ball negociate the price down, that will take some traveling out of the city. Again, let me know exactly what you want: YEAR, MODEL, MOTOR, COLOR

Keep in mind Japan stopped building these in 1996 and the Latin American Plants kept them going with the same body style up until 2006. It's called the Burbuja down here.

This one is:
year 1996
Motor: diesel
128,000KM
Price: £17000.00 FOB Colombia

Screen Shot 2013-05-14 at 5.53.45 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2013-05-14 at 5.53.57 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2013-05-14 at 5.54.08 PM.jpg

The next one:
Year 1994
Motor: Gas
20,000Km New motor
Price: £7500

Screen Shot 2013-05-14 at 6.24.45 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2013-05-14 at 6.24.59 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2013-05-14 at 6.25.10 PM.jpg

This white one is a 2004 and is price at £16500 it's gas with 160,000km on it.

Screen Shot 2013-05-14 at 6.33.16 PM.jpg

Cheers,

Blake

The white and green trucks but the latest model so 2002 or later
They were still available in the UK up until 1997 so I'm looking for something newer by a few years.. Is 2002 the latest you've come across?
Thanks for the info
Wikipedia says that 80 series production in Japan ended in 1997 (these were sold in the US up to 1997 and in Canada as Lexus LX450 for 1996 & 1997 model years only), but the 80 series was produced up to 2008 in Venezuela only (neighboring country, can you export from here too?)

The grey one looks like a 90 series Prado.

I also am looking for a 80 series LC, ones like you've shown (the white one or green one), however, I am only interested if you can find a diesel with a standard transmission, front, rear & center locking differentials and air conditioning (I presume they all have ).

Let me know if you can find.

Last edited:
actually, the last HDJ81 to roll off the assembly line in Japan was in 1998

if you are going to make statement, please at least do your research.

actually, the last HDJ81 to roll off the assembly line in Japan was in 1998

if you are going to make statement, please at least do your research.

Crushers, I'm afraid you may be missing the point.

Weather Japan halted production of the 80 series in 1996 or 1997 or 1998 - whatever, the point I was trying to make was the South American plant in Venezuela continued production for another 10 years or so, up until 2006 - 2008 ish.

I DID DO MY RESEARCH, you cant fault me if the source I used was wrong. Type in Toyota Land cruiser in Wikipedia and you'll see what I mean (I'm not allowed to post URL's in this forum until I have made a minimum # of posts, I would have liked just to post you the link I was reading from). Wiki has been known to be wrong before.

And to set the record straight, I wasn't trying to 'correct' BLINDADA by one year, I was simply repeating what I read on Wiki.
Where I made my blunder was I was replying to a post by MATT WRIGHT from page 1, I failed to scroll all the way down to the bottom of page 2 and see that BLINDADA had basically already said the same thing only his years were slightly different.

Also, this forum only gives a little time to edit my post, is there any way this can be changed?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
BLINDADA, I am serious about importing an 80 series, PM sent.

I also am looking for a 80 series LC, ones like you've shown (the white one or green one), however, I am only interested if you can find a diesel with a standard transmission, front, rear & center locking differentials and air conditioning (I presume they all have ).

Whilst on the ferry back from Spain I met a canadian guy who had bought a 2010 plate Land Rover in Spain, was exporting it to the UK where it would be crated and then exported to Canadialand.

He reckoned Spain was the cheapest place to buy at the moment, although Ireland gets a mention, as both are suffering in the recession.

Personally, I think UK cars are cheaper than most Euro countries - my Prado would be £10,000 in Portugal !!

As you want essentially a UK spec car, couldnt you get someone here to source a decent one. Main difference is RHD of course!

Pete

Blindada, I am definitely interested. PM has been sent. Please let me know what is available.

Thank ou,

Daniel

Losing your money on a dodgy Western Union transfer is available, I fear.

As the OP hasnt been back for months, and wasnt a bona fide established business, anyone would be insane to send him money.

Interestingly, anyone noticed the number of views this thread has had - almost 3,000......seems that we do well on google search, so putting a thread on here is a good way of generating interest,

before indulging in buying anything from overseas I would definitely want to go out and meet the guy doing the deals, at his premises.

Unless of course its that very nice widow of the late Major General Corporal Asangathurai Mumbomagumbo, who can be trusted implicitly, especially as she has over a gazillion euro dollar pounds in a bank account in Nyasaland, and needs only my personal bank details for the money to be transferred, for which I will get 10% and a donkey called Ibrahim.

Thanking you most sincerely

Pete (or am I?)

Hi there,

Is this exporting still happening?

I'll be moving to Canada permanently in sept. Be awesome if i could get my hands on a 70 series LC LHD.

Doubt very much that the OP is still around. Last activity was on the 14/05/2013 23:37.... :whistle:

hi

hi
m name is Hossein. I am from United Arab Emirates, I want to import a left hand drive Toyota Land Cruiser 70 series with mentioned items: 1- EFI 4500 2- price 15000 USD and under can you help me, please reply me to my email address [email protected] thanks
Nice to meet everyone... as a Canadian and TLC lover and owner of 40 and 60 series in the past I wanted to share the opportunity with you all. I've been living and working in Colombia for the past 3 years and have noticed the huge amount of clean LC's here! My friends would import the Japanese models but they all have right hand drive... ours down here are left hand drive and in amazing condition. As a hobby business I have started exporting these back to North America.

Let me know what model you must have up there... i personally love the 70 series here... you can even get them bullet proof here! That is if you have the licence to import that we can source your LC for you. ( The white and the grey one are armoured. )

Contact me to discuss importing your Colombian Toyota Land Cruiser today!

The photos in the add are a few that i've picked up here already, let me know what colour, model and year you are looking for and we can ship it or get a friend together and split the shipping, we can fit two in a container and have them delivered to your port of choice.

Thank you, everyone.

View attachment 6626View attachment 6627View attachment 6628View attachment 6629View attachment 6630

Hey there. Are you still importing these to the US?

hey, I've been to colombia several times now and have seen all the land cruisers and am very interested in exporting a couple out. I'm not looking to buy them all restored but want them to fix up with my sons. where are you living? I'd like to get them not from the cost to avoid the salt. I've seen a ton of them in Cartagena but would rather get them from further inland.

Back