Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

In car video recorder.

Chris Green90 said:
I got one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1280P-HD-Car- ... 256491fbd1 for Christmas and to be honest, For the price £27 It is absolutely awesome. This Video was of a full days laneing and 16gb sd was about half full. pic quality is spont on. Especially bearing in mind it is speeded up 4x. If you want to see what it is like at normal speed, let me know and I will upload a 15 min video to youtube and put it on here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WwPIFc9MVw

24.79 to my door :shock: :shock: :shock:

HAD to have one :D

Karl

I love spur of the moment buying ;)

Chris Green90 said:
I got one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1280P-HD-Car- ... 256491fbd1 for Christmas and to be honest, For the price £27 It is absolutely awesome. This Video was of a full days laneing and 16gb sd was about half full. pic quality is spont on. Especially bearing in mind it is speeded up 4x. If you want to see what it is like at normal speed, let me know and I will upload a 15 min video to youtube and put it on here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WwPIFc9MVw
Looks like I've joined the bandwagon as I just got one of these as well :D Can I just ask what type of SD card you use? Is it a normal one of a high speed one?

Thanks

Adrian

Chris Green90 said:
How close have you got it to the windscreen. If its too far away all it will pick up is glare from the IR. Been busy with work and every time I get out the car I forget to grab the card from my cam. will definately post up some night pics tomorrow
Ooops. I haven't done any night time driving in the last couple of days so nothing to pull off the camera will go uot special in the next couple of days.

Adrian North said:
Looks like I've joined the bandwagon as I just got one of these as well :D Can I just ask what type of SD card you use? Is it a normal one of a high speed one?

Thanks

Adrian
I just use a sandisk SDHC 16gb SD card

Chris,

How about you load a daytime recording and I'll close m y eyes whilst I watch it.....

I have now completely forgotten its there, it just comes on and off with the ignition. Great little gadget.

If you search fleabay they are down to about £22 now.

Might fit one on the back.....

Pete

does it just keep recording till the disc is full and then you have to manually delete stuff or does it delete old stuff so it can carry on recording?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
wobbly said:
Chris,

How about you load a daytime recording and I'll close m y eyes whilst I watch it.....

I have now completely forgotten its there, it just comes on and off with the ignition. Great little gadget.

If you search fleabay they are down to about £22 now.

Might fit one on the back.....

Pete
HAHAHAHA

Jon Wildsmith said:
does it just keep recording till the disc is full and then you have to manually delete stuff or does it delete old stuff so it can carry on recording?

No. Just like any good DVR once its full it just overwrites from the begining

Chris Green90 said:
No. Just like any good DVR once its full it just overwrites from the begining
Cheers, best have one to play with then, don't want to be left out :)

is there any problem with the hongkong del.
i was thinking about ordering.
thanks

ram said:
is there any problem with the hongkong del.
i was thinking about ordering.
thanks

I suppose not...I just don't like waiting for stuff. Plus if it goes wrong a PITA to send back

I'm so happy with mine I am going to fit one to the wifes disco 4 - it really is just fit and forget until needed.

Pete

for £15 i wouldn't think of sending it back,and when you think about it,it took nearly 3 months for a big national retailer to replace a fridge/freezer last year when it went wrong,it took 4 engineers visits to workout it wasn't worth repairing. so much for guarantees :thumbdown:

GoPro..great camera very poor QC!

I have the original Gopro Hero and have now had 2 LCD Bacpac failures!
First one worked for 5 days then gave up the ghost.

USA sent out a replacement in September 2011. Not been used until last week when that has also just failed after less than 2 hours of use. No amount of firmware update works.
Just about to throw the rubbish in the bin :angry-steamingears:

Have to go through another convoluted returns policy to the US direct.
Shame because its a good piece of kit, let down by a really crap LCD solution.

I've used mine in anger twice now - cyclist v van at traffic lights, and car v pedestrian at pedex, both times I've given statements and supplied the recordings as well, although the downside is I have given them two usb cards so far (only £6 each so not panicky).

I did some recording at Lincomb, only thing that could do with changing is that it saves recording in segments, rather than one continuous start to finish recording, but this does allow it to overwrite itself continuously.

Pete

Back