Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Ineos Grenadier

Its been mentioned on here before a few times , Landrover are trying to prevent them going into production and i don't think they need to because even if it is just a copy lamedrover Ineos themselves plan to include the hated technology that makes all new 4x4's just a big car for footballers wives to collect the kids from school in .

I wouldn't say all technology is hated, most of it, is required, for a start they are doing a ladder chassis and solid axels name anything available in the UK that has that. I can't think of anything a consumer can buy other than a Jimny (has a waiting list btw) which people wish was just a little larger. Secondly in order to get through emissions / safety rating they are going to have to have an engine computer and ABS etc etc.
So I'm not going to shit on it without seeing the final product.

Its been mentioned on here before a few times , Landrover are trying to prevent them going into production and i don't think they need to because even if it is just a copy lamedrover Ineos themselves plan to include the hated technology that makes all new 4x4's just a big car for footballers wives to collect the kids from school in .

How are LR trying to prevent it going into production? I can't see how it vaguely sits in any market they play in anymore.

I wouldn't say all technology is hated, most of it, is required, for a start they are doing a ladder chassis and solid axels name anything available in the UK that has that. I can't think of anything a consumer can buy other than a Jimny (has a waiting list btw) which people wish was just a little larger. Secondly in order to get through emissions / safety rating they are going to have to have an engine computer and ABS etc etc.
So I'm not going to shit on it without seeing the final product.

Jimny waiting list is because Suzuki don't want to sell too many because it stuffs up their EU CO2 score. And I think that affects us for at least another year. And no idea if we'll continue with the same restriction.

How are LR trying to prevent it going into production? I can't see how it vaguely sits in any market they play in anymore.

I can't remember Rob i was very interested in it a good while back but the more i learned the more my interest waned , i've a vague notion its traction controlled mix and match rangerover that looks like a landrover with an old and small Renault engine or some such . Heresay and gossip with little confirmed when i was looking but i was left in no doubt its the man behind it's vision of an updated Defender .

https://www.cityam.com/jim-ratcliffe-wins-jaguar-land-rover-challenge-over-defender-shape/

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back