Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

*@%^!$ing concert ticket thieves

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Just spotted literally the last two tickets for a gig that I fancy. Clock was ticking so I had to get through the procedure or lose them. OK two tickets at £39.00 each. Great I'll have them. So does anyone want to have a crack at the maths and tell me what £39.00 x 2 is?

Hmm? Anyone? I'll give you a clue. It's not £78.00

I was thinking £15 each for shipping and handling... When they don't ship anything nor handle anything. More?

While looking for a cheap hotel i found by the time you arrive at the confirm booking 5 pages on its gone from £40 to about £300 so that's my guess 300 ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Christ no Shayne. Well I can assure you''d have hit abort at that. But I guess you should expect anything nowadays.

No, £114. So nearly twice the price of the tickets. Booking fee, admin fee, postage, VAT, something called pants down tax and a top up fee to do with sheer profit based on the fact that you want them, you'll pay more.

VAT on enjoyment? Hang on, I hear the price of breathing air just went up again.

Well I figured I'd just down load and print. But oh no, they've decided that they're going to be collectable paper tickets that you can keep so they're coming out in the post and have to be signed for. Probably when I'm out!!

When genuine tickets immediately sell out to the reseller owned by the original seller and jump from £60 each to £150 really gets annoying. Why nothing has been done to stop this blatant con is beyond me.

Well I can assure you''d have hit abort at that.

As did i several times so what should have taken me 5 minutes ended up taking me over an hour due "helpful" bots turning simple sales into auctions and constantly warning "another room has been booked if you leave this page you might lose out" :icon-rolleyes:

I remember the mrs saying last year after she booked us flights that she had to pay for seats too , i said tell them i will stand for the journey :|

Well it just gets worse. I had the tickets arrive pretty quickly, but when I looked, the face value (each ) is a very reasonable £29.50

So £30 x 2 = £114.

My mistake.

The ticket seller is using the same business model as Ryanair!

Ticket to UK from Spain advertised as €150.00 soon becomes €200.00 plus!

Regards

Dave

Back