Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Injector Swap

No idea what it does. Something to do with the oil. I've gone out to check if my wagon and it doesn't seem to have it, which is odd. It'll be one of those things I end up finding I do have when I start the job.

This is the invoice of all the bits I got thus far with part numbers, excluding injectors.

IMG_20220406_181236133.jpg

It's amazing that usually I hate being charged £1.36 for a washer, but given I've spunked £485 on four pipes, the washer feels like a bargain.

Are you sure it doesnt have one? Look at the engine and the intercooler cover. Theres a big square cut out of it at the top right. Look at the bottom left of that, right next to the cover and I think its there?

Thanks for posting your parts list!

Did they supply you with the correct injection seats (washers). They should be an alloy type NOT the old copper type. The part number looks correct.
MAP filter you can remove and clean out with carb/egr cleaner, as it's connected to egr valve it may be oiled up in there. It's basically a felt washer inside to do the filtering.

D'oh! I do have it.

IMG_20220406_185150135.jpg

I was expecting something bigger than that, so I was looking around where the brown connector is. As the thumbnail previously has the cover off.

And no problem about the parts list, least I can do to give back for the help and advice etc.

Did they supply you with the correct injection seats (washers). They should be an alloy type NOT the old copper type. The part number looks correct.
MAP filter you can remove and clean out with carb/egr cleaner, as it's connected to egr valve it may be oiled up in there. It's basically a felt washer inside to do the filtering.
Didn't even think to check, I'll do that tomorrow as I stuck them in the back of the wagon.

I'll give it a good clean first then.

Yep, you got it, that little white tit sticking up, they are not made to come apart, but MAY, another throw away part.
After removing, squirt a good amount in there, put your fingers over the open ends and shake, you may need to do it several times depending on how black it is. You could try an air line to blow it out, but not too much pressure.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
At that price I assume refurb injectors?

Never changed that small filter thing, always ignored it as I had no idea what it was. Will do some searching...

No it's a 2009 120:

Must be a pre/post 2006 thing I think. On the one in the video, the MAP sensor is towards the front of the engine. On my (early) 2006, its towards the back. Looks like yours is towards the back too. I think thats the difference between the white and the black filters....

At that price I assume refurb injectors?

Don't think we've seen the price of the injectors yet have we?

(Or have we!)

If spending 600 quid on pipes, I'd probably want new injectors. Unless all the brass has gone on pipes!

I didn't get the injectors from Toyota. They quoted me something like £303 (with a 10% discount) per injector, and they weren't new either. Refurbished if I recall correctly. I did write it down on notepad but the computer crapped itself and lost it. But having a look through my history I got the part number - 23670-39296.

Googling that came up with these: Toyota Landcruiser 3.0 D Reconditioned DENSO Diesel Injector - 23670-30080 - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

Same company as mentioned previously, and the part number is listed as "Vehicle Manufacturer's Alternative Part Numbers". £145 a pop. I'd imagine that those same injectors fitted in 2016 are still going strong for @Rob Cowell?

I went for new Denso injectors @ £205 each inc VAT and postage when I replaced mine a couple of years ago. Best price on recon was about £160 each. I intended to keep it long term so I think it was worth it.

I bet most people don't change them!
At £500 for the pipes I'm not surprised. I mean you can see some of the pipes in the photo above, they look old and ropey. In my head, if I'm going to the expense of new/refurb injectors, if I don't do the pipes and they throw muck or shite in to the injector then I'm going to be messing around with injectors again.

Back