Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Injector washer recall.

AndycruiserguyLomas

Supporter
Guru
Country Flag
england
Just asking for a little help with the chassis number range of the 120's affected by the recall process regarding oil strainer/washer recall as there is a tatty old 120 up the village I could possibly be interested in and am doing a bit of research. Also is there any upgrades to the auto box or anything else I should know about around the 04 era.

Thanks

Andy

Andy

Just pulled this off one of Crispins posts

I found the details for the injector seals recall. You should be getting an email / letter / phone call from them if you are affected but just in case, you can check yourself.

Model Vin Range Manufacture date
KDJ125 JTE AZ29J# 00019035-00050831 June,2004 Through October,2007
KDJ120 JTE BZ29J# 00049705-00160767 June,2004 Through October,2007

Hope that helps
Mine was done under warranty 2005 LC4

Simon thanks for that, it was registered 11/11/04 and the chassis no ends 058417 so I'm guessing its in that era. According to the dealer it had a recall to inspect the oil strainer but didn't have the washers replaced. I'm going to the dealers later and have a word with their service dept as to why the washers were not replaced as a matter of course. This will be an interesting meeting.
I don't really know if the 120 is my thing, I've had a drive and it went ok, not really a soft ride, quieter than a Collie I had a go in recently but not quiet,but a bit more modern than an 80.
We'll see.

Thanks again Simon.

October 2004, changed from 161bhp/4sp Auto, 5sp Manual to 163bhp/5sp Auto, 6sp Manual.

Mine was part of the recall. I thought all washers were replaced. If the pickup was clogged you got the sump dropped and cleaned out in addition.

I think it is the 5 spd auto, the selector has 4-1 on it so that might give it away as well as it being reg 11/11. If I get it and its not been done I will get a good diesel shop to do it if its more than a DIY job.

My New 120 has had the Recall Carried out. on the paperwork it just shows as pick up pipe recall. so i might give the toyota dealer a call to see if they can tell me exactly what was done.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back