Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Instrument cluster check lights

ov1009

Country Flag
romania
Hello!

I have this '97 HDJ80 and some burnt out dash bulbs. When I put the ignition on, there are only a few check lights turning on. Center diff lock is not showing up, even though it works fine.
What other lights am I missing? A dash picture would be highly appreciated.
Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_6157.jpeg
    IMG_6157.jpeg
    278.6 KB · Views: 20
Hello!

I have this '97 HDJ80 and some burnt out dash bulbs. When I put the ignition on, there are only a few check lights turning on. Center diff lock is not showing up, even though it works fine.
What other lights am I missing? A dash picture would be highly appreciated.
Thank you!
I'm interested to know if your alternator light works, because in my 79, even after i replaced the globe it still didn't work, and it turns out that the diode in that circuit is the reason why the alternator has delayed start to charge, because the globe in combination with the diode is what excites the alternator at first startup...

So i just received my new dash circuit board and am about to install, and if you look at the back of the board, there are several diodes that are wired into some of the idiot lights, which on mine had no continuity,correspondiong to lights i couldn't get to work at ignition on, which is why i bought a new board.

WIN_20240224_23_23_52_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Ignition on.......

IMG_2623.jpeg

.....after 2-3 seconds 4 have gone out......

IMG_2625.jpeg

I'm interested to know if your alternator light works, because in my 79, even after i replaced the globe it still didn't work, and it turns out that the diode in that circuit is the reason why the alternator has delayed start to charge, because the globe in combination with the diode is what excites the alternator at first startup...

So i just received my new dash circuit board and am about to install, and if you look at the back of the board, there are several diodes that are wired into some of the idiot lights, which on mine had no continuity,correspondiong to lights i couldn't get to work at ignition on, which is why i bought a new board.

View attachment 335808
My alternator light seems to be working. The check light comes on when I put the ignition on. It is the red square near the battery voltage.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 23.31.57.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 23.31.57.png
    132.3 KB · Views: 9
The air bag light is there! :laughing-rolling:It comes on on first key turn. If you turn the key back to "accessory" position and back to ign on it does not light. You have to turn the key back fully then back on. Curiously, the centre diff lock light does not come on (to the left of the front diff lock light) with the key but only when the diff is locked with the switch on the dash!

IMG_2628.jpeg

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
There it is! It is indeed weird how the CDL doesn't light up. I know for sure mine isn't working tho.

Just in front of your centre diff locker on the transfer box you will have a detention switch. Basically a ball roller switch inside a 27mm nut. Take off the plug and short accross the terminals with a bit of wire or a paperclip. This should light up your centre diff light. Easier that pulling the dash to check bulbs

Back