Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My P light is out!

Aeroelastic

Country Flag
uk
Hi all, my P light on the instrument cluster has been intermittent so i took it off to check, the bulb is ok as i swap it to the L slot and it lit up!

What is my problem? Is it a sensor or something that send signal to the P light on the instrument cluster somewhere?

Picture below taken with engine running and gear stick at P, but no light?

Attachments

• 306459AA-137C-4953-8A15-9937DDC262AC.jpeg
    306459AA-137C-4953-8A15-9937DDC262AC.jpeg
    239.5 KB · Views: 6
Probably need to check if the signal is reaching the dash (a multimeter would do this). I imagine it gets sent a signal from the gearbox, so the fault could be anywhere in the dash, loom or gearbox electronics.

I think the power for the P light comes from the inhibitor switch (sometimes called the park/neutral switch) so I would have a look at that
Screenshot from 2023-08-01 11-45-23.jpg
Screenshot from 2023-08-01 11-46-07.jpg
Screenshot from 2023-08-01 11-47-37.jpg

That's odd. Usually the range switch will inhibit starting unless in park or neutral. My D light is out too, got to pull out the cluster and replace that light and some illumination bulbs.

I have cleaned the inhibitor switch connector loom, with contact cleaner but my P light is still out. I can start the car with out any issue. Check the bulb behind the cluster but it is ok. ??

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That's odd. Usually the range switch will inhibit starting unless in park or neutral. My D light is out too, got to pull out the cluster and replace that light and some illumination bulbs.
Hope yours is just the bulb

Hopefully, this did happen once before and it was mixed with a mild slap to the top of the dash. Not this time though.

Could yours be crappy connections on the cluster connectors? Might be worth cleaning these up with a toothbrush and alcohol.

Back