Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Introduction

Baobabcs

Country Flag
zambia
Hey All!
My name is Chubby and I live in Zambia, Central Africa.
I am a mechanic by profession although due to personal circumstances I haven’t had much practical experience.
I currently own a 2004 Landcruiser 100 which I bought recently. It is sitting at about 245,000kms so a few little problems showing their ugly face.

Welcome, Chubby. 2004 is the perfect year, of course. Would that be a HDJ100? Pics are always appreciated. I'm very curious to know what kind of ugly problems you can have before half a million km? Rust is the only one I can think of.

Hey All!
My name is Chubby and I live in Zambia, Central Africa.
I am a mechanic by profession although due to personal circumstances I haven’t had much practical experience.
I currently own a 2004 Landcruiser 100 which I bought recently. It is sitting at about 245,000kms so a few little problems showing their ugly face.
Hello mate, I'm in Western Australia and own a 2004 HZJ105R. What model is your car,and is it a 100 series with IFS or a 105 series with live front diff ? What problems are starting to appear mate?

Hey guys! It’s the 100series with the 12valve turbo diesel. Main problem currently is an intermittent ABS and Handbrake light with a solid alarm. Will send pictures of the vehicle shortly

CEA8F148-75F7-4C06-8D9A-28108CE87268.jpeg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hello mate, I'm in Western Australia and own a 2004 HZJ105R. What model is your car,and is it a 100 series with IFS or a 105 series with live front diff ? What problems are starting to appear mate?
Hello! Apologies for the delay in this reply! Having some trouble with new software. It’s a 2004, 100 series with IFS. Problems at hand, knocking sound when engaging first, when changing up quickly and when releasing accelerator abruptly. Also, ABS and Handbrake like guy come on intermittently with a solid alarm in the car. Those are the main ones!

Hello! Apologies for the delay in this reply! Having some trouble with new software. It’s a 2004, 100 series with IFS. Problems at hand, knocking sound when engaging first, when changing up quickly and when releasing accelerator abruptly. Also, ABS and Handbrake like guy come on intermittently with a solid alarm in the car. Those are the main ones!
I would suspect the engine or transmission mounts may be the cause of your knock, and needs checking. I'm not familiar with the ABS systems, but I have heard the master cylinder is a common problem and very expensive to have repaired or replaced.

.... ABS and Handbrake like guy come on intermittently with a solid alarm in the car. Those are the main ones!
Is this a HDJ100 or a HZJ100 - or: does it have the electric brake booster or a traditional vacuum booster?
Handbrake light, is actually a general brake fault light as well. If you have an audible alarm in addition, it might be a brake booster problem. Depends on which system you have. I suggest making a signature for the forum, where you specify your vehicle(s).

I would suspect the engine or transmission mounts may be the cause of your knock, and needs checking. I'm not familiar with the ABS systems, but I have heard the master cylinder is a common problem and very expensive to have repaired or replaced.
Thank you! Yes, I consulted with a few friends in the industry and all of them mentioned the Master cylinder and it’s HUGE price tag!

Is this a HDJ100 or a HZJ100 - or: does it have the electric brake booster or a traditional vacuum booster?
Handbrake light, is actually a general brake fault light as well. If you have an audible alarm in addition, it might be a brake booster problem. Depends on which system you have. I suggest making a signature for the forum, where you specify your vehicle(s).
Thank you!

Signature? How do I do that?

So just an update, turns out it was a dirty motor on the brake master cylinder which once cleaned and refitted it is right as rain and no more alarms!

Back