Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Irish Convert

Jim40

Garage
Country Flag
ireland
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and relatively new to Land Cruisers. I come from a Land Rover house but we recently bought an LJ78, and a BJ40 for restoration, so I'm starting to even up the odds. Looking forward to getting involved on here.

What's going on? Another 40 owner arriving! I'm feeling really left out. Welcome Jim - would love to see some pics and the restoration job.
Where did you get the 40 from?

(Good move from the green oval :) )

Welcome Jim!

Emjoy your restoration projects, look forward to some photos too!

Welcome to the forum Jim!

As Cris says, its amazing how may new members there are lately with 40's projects, must be something in the water :lol:

Photo's always welcome... :thumbup:

" The're Cruisers Jim but not as we know it", sorry it just sprang to mind.
Welcome to the forum Jim, Look forward to seeing photos, I like 40's but they are like a series 1 LR on the road with a bit more power, far better with PAS.

Hi Jim love the 40's we0lcome let's have pics I have fj45 and a fj40 with HJ 60 running gear in them and love them good look with it from Tony.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Jim and welcome,

If memory serves the Emerald Isle had 40s officially imported but from what I've seen the weather has been cruel to many of them, hopefully yours is one of the better examples, so photos are needed.

Any information that you need - parts suppliers etc, just ask.

The current influx of 40s is brilliant and such a pleasure to them all.

Regards

Hello there Jim. It's weird, it's as if I know you from somewhere.....
Great to see you on the forum.
Rodger here ^ will be a wealth of knowledge on 40's.
Just remember that if you have been forced to associate with any Landrovers or Landrovarians, that you wash your hands thoroughly. We don't want to be catching anything nasty do we...?

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the interest and encouragement.

We were lucky enough to get the 40 Series' in Ireland but we didn't get to keep them for very long, the weather made sure of that.

My Dad had a BJ40 when I was young, and I have wanted one ever since. They are getting very hard to find now. I was thinking about importing one from Australia before I got a call from a 'fella that knows a fella' to say that there was one in a container about 30 mins from my house. My profile pic shows where we found it. It drove out of the container (I love the 'B' engine) but it needs a new body. I've started stripping it down, but that's the easy bit.

Here are some pics. Be careful, don't get rust in your eyes.

I am still trying to figure out the 'mechanics' of posting on the forum so my apologies if this post ends up in the wrong place, upside down, etc.

Pic.JPG
Pic 1.JPG
Pic 2.JPG

Hi Jim,

The 'newness' is showing in all the usual places - front valence, bonnet corner, sills, doors, rear inner wing seam and the top of the bulkhead. But the truck looks very complete which is a great start. I have to say, by the looks of it, I've seen them brought back from a lot worse state than this.

There is a company in Germany who make sills and front valances and they have patch panels for the door bottoms. Bonnets are slightly rarer than hens' teeth so that and the bulkhead will be repairs. I'll dig out their contact info, if you wish.

It does look surprisingly dent free and it will be a good project to follow.

Regards,

Hi thanks for the pics it's looking good keep up the a good job from Tony.

Back