Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Is this a 100 or a 105 ?

This is 100.
105 have same axels and suspension like 80 series.

Last edited:
Spot on there Shayne; the 100 series is IFS, whilst the 105 is solid axle.

I suspect that it's a 100 series...

I am yet to see a turbo diesel 105. Most diesel ones are the hz and the petrol are the 4.5 beast.
Stu

Thanks fellas that's all i needed to know it did catch my interest but interest died when i realized it was an auto .

e bay link is a 100. The first link is to a pinion and crown wheel?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ha the first link was nothing to do with me i just typed suspension ?

Thanks fellas that's all i needed to know it did catch my interest but interest died when i realized it was an auto .

I do agree to a.point but that changed when I found out you can get a lock up kit from aus for the gearbox. This will make the auto a game changer. I drove and auto with Alcock up kit and wad amazing.next one will be auto with a kit on ot for me. Look it up shayne and see. You WILL be surprised.
Stu

That one has been on the 'bay for a while. This is at least the 2nd time.

I was watching it last time when he had it up for £17k.

At this rate it might get down to my budget in about 6 months! ;-)

Stu, that's my thinking as well. I've already factored in the nomad valve body and lock-up kit for my 100 build. That gearbox, the A750F, is supposed to be really good, a major step up from the older A343F.

I've been watching that truck for quite a while. IIRC it was originally up for £18k a couple of months ago but recently dropped to what it is now. For me it's a shame the AHC was junked, otherwise I'd be interested.

That one has been on the 'bay for a while. This is at least the 2nd time.

I was watching it last time when he had it up for £17k.

At this rate it might get down to my budget in about 6 months! ;-)

he has it relisted on autotrader as well, apparently the last chap who 'bought' it didnt think it was worth the price ( hagling, and walking away... ) Just on the surface of things, inspite of it having been driven a bit, seems a fair bit of car for the 15k'ish asking

My dislike of auto is not about performance Stu i couldn't fault the hummers autobox in any way whatsoever it just bored me .

I have not liked the Toyota autos I have driven they seem to be a bit weak on proformace side and seem to take a bit to get them going.

I have never driven a Toyota auto but the autobox in the Mitsubishi challenger i borrowed for a while felt like it needed another 2.5 litres to make it work as it should . The Hummer didn't have that problem :icon-wink:

Ive just bought the nomad kit for the 80. Yet to fit it but hoping to if I get time in the next couple of weeks

Hi Shayne, if like me unfamiliar with the 100 series, the give-away of it being a 100 was in the write-up, torsion-bar front suspension (not coils).

This is a good truck though, IFS puts me off less than the AHV or AVH whatever it is, and that's been replaced with "normal" suspension by West Coast.

Very nice interior on the later cruisers, very posh for my use, but very nice indeed... :thumbup:

.... and it's black... :icon-cool:

I have never driven a Toyota auto but the autobox in the Mitsubishi challenger i borrowed for a while felt like it needed another 2.5 litres to make it work as it should . The Hummer didn't have that problem :icon-wink:

Exactly right shayne.

Ive just bought the nomad kit for the 80. Yet to fit it but hoping to if I get time in the next couple of weeks

Be interesting to see how you feel with this done Tom.

Hi Shayne, if like me unfamiliar with the 100 series, the give-away of it being a 100 was in the write-up, torsion-bar front suspension (not coils).
This is a good truck though, IFS puts me off less than the AHV or AVH whatever it is, and that's been replaced with "normal" suspension by West Coast.
Very nice interior on the later cruisers, very posh for my use, but very nice indeed... :thumbup:
.... and it's black... :icon-cool:

It was a dumb question Clive for sure but i had quit the description and spent a good while scouring the web for another one when it occurred to me to post the ad on here so the question doesn't really relate to the ad .

The "normal" suspension would be a bonus for me i imagine it involved hacking out a little box full of evil Jap wizards and i have no idea why anyone would want height adjustable suspension anyway i would just set it to max and put a big nail in the control knob :shifty:

I shouldn't even be looking but that's the consequence of daydreaming and asking myself what would make my truck perfect :think: i think the answer is about 15 grands worth of body off restoration and customization :shock:

I love the AHC on mine, but 1) it works and 2) I specifically bought the 100 for towing. Doesn't matter what I have on the trailer the AHC does its thing and really does make a difference on long distance towing.

Back