Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Japanese cars are 'most reliable' used car brands in UK

I would have thought the German cars would have been higher.

Shows what a good customer care, after-care department and branding can do for LR.

"Some 22% of Chevrolets break down at least once each year"

Disregarding the marque, what would you consider "once too often" for a breakdown? "At least once a year" sounds high to me. On the second occasion I would start to consider ditching it.

I know I'm going to jinx myself by saying this.......but I have only ever broken down once in 20 years of motoring. That was in 1992, in my very first car, an aptly named Nissan Cherry, that cost me £50 at an auction..... :roll:

The contacts broke on the M3 whilst going down to Brighton for a day trip with my gf (now SWMBO) - and I didn't have any spares or tools to effect a roadside repair. We were recovered quite quickly to a local garage and they replaced the contacts and we were back on our way within 2 hours of the actual breakdown. :thumbup:

So now that I've owned up to that, I guess I will be reporting my second breakdown on here very soon........... ;)

Let your wife know before you leave work Chad, she'll need to come collect you somewhere.

I think that's the thing though, if your car does break down and and the AA/RAC are there within 30 minutes and you're sorted out then it's not a big deal.

It would be different if you're driving between Bloem and Colesburg :whistle:
Link

Swing the camera around and look the other direction :D

I remember that road well, driven it many times :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
it still amazes me how many landrover owners, genuinely believe that landrover make the best 4x4's. :roll:

german car owners are like landrover owners they think there car is the best on the road even when we no there not they just got this image that they seem to keep.

Breaking down once a year is far to much to expect.
I would say, once every 4 years ia acceptable.

Gra.

Don't get me started on German cars, as said people will defend them forever, but the accountants are reducing the quality of engineering greatly

Most of the mechanics I talk to now say that newer fords are better made....

As for jap stuff, the second navara pick up I had was rubbish, it never stranded me but that was only because I returned it to the dealer before the issue developed!

My daily drive Mitsubishi appears to be good so far

I would love a new 70, why on earth doesn't mr T still sell a KZJ spec truck still, miles better than a defender :roll:

Ben said:
it still amazes me how many landrover owners, genuinely believe that landrover make the best 4x4's. :roll:

Having both Cruisers and Rovers, I can tell you the difference: when we come back from safari with a Cruiser, I tell the staff "Clean the car". When we come back with a Rover, I usually tell them "Bring the tools".

But still... Rovers have a better ride in the deep bush. And are easier to fix anywhere (they better do, note...).

BMW......Dads brand new 1 series broke down on the way home from the dealership when he picked it up - cooling system hadnt been bled properly, car went into meltdown, less than 26 miles.

Best bit - he called the dealership from the car - who told him he had to contact BMW assist, so they left two 70 year olds by the side of the road for 3 hours in a brand new car that the dealership hadnt pdi'd properly. I spent a little time with the service manager and made my feelings known, but policy is policy....

Pete

Ben said:
I read somewhere that 95% of all Land Rovers made in 2009/2010 are still on the road, the other 5% made it back home. :lol:

Cossack said:
Ben said:
I read somewhere that 95% of all Land Rovers made in 2009/2010 are still on the road, the other 5% made it back home. :lol:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

An oldie, but a goldie.

Gra.

Landcruisers I've owned for about 6 years - no breakdowns ever
Wife's Volvo broke down about 3 times this year alone
My BMW 3 series broke down yesterday! (lift pump failure)

well, considering i work on Cruisers for a living ... i can say they do break down.

Crushers said:
well, considering i work on Cruisers for a living ... i can say they do break down.

:shock: :naughty:

And I would say that if a Japanese vehicle breaks down it's due to driver abuse :lol:

Back