Very Nice!!

Whats spec?

So whats the plans with the play thing?

That Looks MINT!

Very Nice!!

Whats spec?

So whats the plans with the play thing?
Thanks,

It's just a standard UK AHC 1HD-FTE J100 Auto spec, I haven't got anymore plans to do anything else to it, I got all my 'off roading' done in my previous Land Cruisers, although I would do a little light Green laning if the opportunity arose, in my ownership it will never get used to it's full potential, (execpt if we have some snow, I love snow) and given how long LC's last, it will prob out last me, so it stands a good chance of being my last car. And I have had some cars (and bikes) in my almost 50 years of driving. My first car was a Moggy 1000 all those years ago, I stuck a V8 badge on the back. The things yer do when your a kid, youth is waisted on the young. An old wise man told me when I was in my youth.

I bought it back in 2013 from the first owner, back then it had 72,000 miles on it, now it's just turned 89,000, most of the things I've done to it apart from servicing and maintenance weren't necessary, I.E, I upgraded the front and the rear to the final facelift, not a easy as it sounds for the front end.

I also got the upper and lower tailgates replaced FOC from Toyota under their 'Anti perforation Warranty' scheme, there was only a very small rust mark on the upper and the same on the lower, but they insisted on replacing them, so who was I to stop them.

As you can see it's a 04 model year but the front is the late 05 model year, the only real rust/rot on it are the two usual items that don't last very long from new, front engine guard that Toyota in their wisdom fitted a foam strip across under the raditor, it holds all the water and then rusts the guard, and the rear step reinforcement inside the rear bumper, everything else is in very good condition, even the drivers seat isn't cracked and worn out, I feed the leather every month in the warm weather.

My first five Land Cruisers (3 X 60's and 2 X 80's) were used for work, thats not to say I didn't look after them, this 100 is not a tool for work, it's a hobby, as most of the members will understand.

I am a big, big fan of OEM, so what the Land Cruiser wants the Land Criuser gets, and I enjoy everything (well almost everything) about it, but most of all I enjoy driving it.

Sorry, all a bit boring compared to some of the mods that have been done on here.

Stay Safe all. :thumbup: :icon-biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think yours has the posh interior which had me wishing i could live with an auto , it was long ago and the same colour truck but i have a paint brush .
I think all the UK spec 100's had leather faced seats, also the UK spec 80 I had had leather faced seats, but the Jap import 80 had cloth seats,
"When you become a Man my Son you will enjoy driving an Auto", is what my old Dad said to me.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You're barred !
I can't bar myself if I'm the only Mod, I tell you what, I'll be 'Super Mod' and you can just a 'Mod', Shayne can be the club Chauffeur in his Auto Land Cruiser, Bagsy shotgun, you've got to be quicker off the mark if you want to bagsy's things.

I can't bar myself if I'm the only Mod, I tell you what, I'll be 'Super Mod' and you can just a 'Mod', Shayne can be the club Chauffeur in his Auto Land Cruiser, Bagsy shotgun, you've got to be quicker off the mark if you want to bagsy's things.
I was a Mod, back in the 60s/70s. We don't talk about shoguns here.

looks mint, I wish my paint work looked as good as that!

looks mint, I wish my paint work looked as good as that!
Thanks, thats what they look like when you don't use them to their full potential, I wouldn't say it's mint, but it is in good condition, the previous owner looked after it so I just carried on the theam.
:obscene-drinkingch:

hi guys jinnerjabber was there much work in upgrading the front treatment headlights etc as I have 2004 Sahara Australian model and have been thinking of trying to up grade the front of it

hi guys jinnerjabber was there much work in upgrading the front treatment headlights etc as I have 2004 Sahara Australian model and have been thinking of trying to up grade the front of it
G'Day Gassa,

Theres two routs you can go down, just change the headlight units, or do the whole Toyota upgrade, your headlights as mine were, are the glass two piece (separate indicator) type, the Toyota one piece all plastic headlights (final facelift) are slightly larger so are not a straight swap. So there are a few parts involved, and not a cheap option, there is a little grinding, but the grinding is not visible, also to have the true upgrade you will need the last facelift grill.

Before I do a load of typing, answer me this, do you just want better looking and better lights with regard to viibility? Or do you want the better looking front end (IMO) last Facelift?

The reason I ask, there are after market headlights available that are a straight swap to the one piece style,

Have a look at this thread, ignor the posts about the bulbs, it's just the aftermarket headlights were looking at, you could also ask @Philip amos exactly where he got his headlights from in Australia. If you decide to go down that route.

Hi jibberjabber thanks for the reply have looked at the after market lights and the ones that are available in ozze are the units that are blacked out around the reflectors to me not look so good , Have also looked at the 05 to 07 headlights and they perform much better and give a neater looking front, have had a good look at the genuine Toyota lights and short of buying them fitting them dose look like it would require the brow under the lights to be changed as they have a bolt just near the indicator but did not know that the grill was bigger, I did read your post on where you had to grind I think it was the Guard where the indicator fitted was asking trying to find out as they are a better performing light trying mine against my mates and his seem to give a better out put etc have been looking for a smashed late 100 to buy for the front but most are damaged around the front, I was looking at one set of after market units that are not blacked out around the reflectors but not to sure on how they perform and they are only available from over seas china I think but the store owner is away till June link provided
Headlights Head lamp for Toyota LAND CRUISER 100 Set Left + Right Halogen 98-05 | eBay - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club] they look the part but as I said after reading your post just thought I would ask the question did you have to change the radiator support panel or is it just mainly the bolt ons thankyou in advance kind regards Gassa

Hi Gary,

Has your 100 got headlight levelling motors and adjusting switch on the dash for the headlight level? As both switch and motors will not work with the Toyota May 2005 and on last facelift headlights, the upgrade headlights do come with the headlight levelling motors, but you will need a new switch as the motors are wired different internally but no rewiring needs to be done.

You don't need to upgrade the two front wings, you just need to grind some metal away to allow for the larger indicator area of the upgraded headlights, it's not a great deal of grinding but you need a steady hand, use something like a Dremmel.

Including the updated grill everything cost me in 2015 about $1500 USD inc shipping, not sure what that would be today in $AUD in 2020, this is not including labour as I did all the work myself.

I bought all the parts from Partsouq.com, I think the cost from your local Toyota stealer would be considerably more for the parts but obviously no shipping costs.

If your still intrested I'll give you all the part numbers I used on the front end upgrade. Let me know. :thumbup:

BTW, I also upgraded the rear lights to the final facelift genuine LED lights, I say genuine as there are aftermarkets available also. They were extra cost to the above price.

I think if I wanted to change my headlights today I'd go with the pair you have found on eBay, you should also be able to reuse your existing levelling motors.

No, didn't have to change the rad support, but do have to change the panel sub-assy to pn 5250660061, like I say there are other parts needed also.

Back