Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

KAM diff lockers

seen one in a mates SJ and it was spot on, does need the rear diff pan cutting off and a new one welding in though, good quality product in my opinion and I like the idea of the electric solenoid

My m8 has a pair fitted in his 06 LR90 :) They have always worked well for him but I do remember them being a bit of a fiddle to fit & set up :| As J66P says you have to cut the dome from off of the diff & then weld a new fixing ring to the axle to enable the fitting of the new enlarged plastic cover to accomodated the lecy solonoid. I also remember them being very sensative to oil level! But now all of these niggles are sorted I believe him to be happy with them. He also has KAM's uprated half shafts fitted and stuby CV shafts fitted. He has also spent some time actually @ Kam talking with their own fitters spending time in the workshops being shown how to set up the back lash on a diff so KAM themselves seem to be very customer focused aswell :)

Hope this helps you :D

I chatted to them about 18 months- 2 years ago about their lockers. Basically they offer a similar set-up to the Toy OEM one in that it's electrically-actuated. Their gears and lockers are meant to be very high quality - most of their business is for the defence sector so it needs to be strong!
The downside is price and lack of provenance - they're expensive and not many have been fitted to cruisers (or hadn't when I spoke to them). I think they'd be around £1200 per diff including fitting, so you're in the same territory as air lockers incl. fitment - most people seem to go for air lockers as they're well-proven for LCs.
On the positive side, KAM can add a ltd-slip set-up when fitting the locker, which means the best of all worlds.

They seem friendly and knowledgeable folk, so why not give them a call? :mrgreen:

Back