Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

KzJ Cruiser (78 series)

TL75

Country Flag
pakistan
Hi,

Here is my KZJ78W. Hope you guys enjoy the pics.
This is a UK import.
Year of manufacturing 1994.
3.ol Turbo (1kz- Te)
automatic transmission
Rear Lockers.
275/70/16 tires.
Defi Multiling advanced ZD guage installed for various reading. EGT. Boost. Water Temp. Oil Pressure etc.
Iron man styled roof rack.

Wish List:
ARB front Bumper
10,000 pound winch.

20170528_183219.jpg 20170528_183231.jpg 20170616_165742_resized.jpg

Nice. :thumbup:

Do you get to use it off road much? :think:

I watched a video the other day of some one taking a 70 series Troopy along "The Most Dangerous Road In Pakistan" It looked crazy! :crazy:

What vehicle are the seats from?
They certainly don't look like 70 series seats

Nice. :thumbup:

Do you get to use it off road much? :think:

I watched a video the other day of some one taking a 70 series Troopy along "The Most Dangerous Road In Pakistan" It looked crazy! :crazy:
Hey Hi,
Yes I do use it off road , Its my touring vehicle , However it has not been on many trips yet since this is a recent acquisition. Also the road you are reffering to is known as the shimshaal rd. Its very dangerous and tricky , I have been on it twice now. Not on the 70 series though I took my 3 door pajero there. Pakistan is blessed with a beautiful north and some top tracks. :)

What vehicle are the seats from?
They certainly don't look like 70 series seats
Hi, I am not sure , I think they are the 70 series luxury package ones ( Y-KZG78W-PET .European mkt) , they have surely been re done as in re upholstered. When I got this it came with them, they are very comfortable , I do not know if the previous owner had changed the seats.

Very nice! Forgive me asking but what is the difference between U.K. Import and Japanese import, other than the obvious? Does yours have a lift kit?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Very nice! Forgive me asking but what is the difference between U.K. Import and Japanese import, other than the obvious? Does yours have a lift kit?

Different markets got different models and specs.

For example the UK only got the LJ70 (2.4td engine, short wheel base, 3 door hard top) from 1989 to 1993 and the KZJ70 (3td engine, short wheel base, 3 door hard top) from 1993-1994.

Where as the JDM (Japanese domestic market) got a huge variety of LandCruisers and in particular 70's. They got pretty much every model of 70 series available, apart from maybe some of the pick ups.

Most of the LJ78/KZJ78 5 door vehicles around the world are Jap imports as not many markets got them outside of Japan. :ugeek:

I'm not sure where TL75's KZJ78is from, he says its a European market one, but being right hand drive there are very few European countries it could be from. I can only think of Malta. :think:

Hi,
As far as i know ( i could be wrong) different markets have recieved different options through the years. The basics are always the same however there are differences in the emission control ratings ( EGR) and some tweaks , what i know is that the models of LC 78 which were directly imported from japan to the US have no rear diffs as stock , but the ones imported from UK do have them. There are other suttle differences too such as body trim and also sunroof or no sun roof etc.
The answer to your question is that no mine does not have a lifet kit.
Btw how did your rear diff lock situation workout?

I'm not sure where TL75's KZJ78is from, he says its a European market one, but being right hand drive there are very few European countries it could be from. I can only think of Malta. :think:

lol. You are right , I dont know if UK got 5 door kzj78's officially through toyota or not, what i do know is that Mine was imported from the UK . How it got to the UK is a story I do not know. Maybe someone imported this from Japan to the UK and then it got Imported to Pakistan. This vehicle was imported to Pakistan from the UK in 1997. Also do note some countries like ours back in those days did not allow direct import from Japan. hence some traders use to buy cars from Japan then ship to the UK and eventually import to Pakistan.

Reactions: Ben
Back