Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

KZJ70 Advice

Yorkshire Devil

I noticed leaking brake fluid coming from just next to the rear wheel arch. Its coming from a box which connected the rear brakes to the front but its not the Brake Load Sensing Valve on the rear axle. Can anyone help me identify this part?

If memory serves me, working from the back forwards - both rear pipes connect to the load sensing valve, there is then a length of rubber hose, which connects to a joint/union which is bolted to the chassis?

Pete

It's probably the 3 way connector. Hose from proportioning valve to axle and 2 pipes, 1 to each brake.

Roger

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Does anyone have the part number for this part?
4BF1B6F2-94AF-447B-A60C-821AB671CE6F-1612-0000012025340E50_zpsa5b18449.jpg

If you log onto Toya DIY you can enter the vehicles details and find the part in question.

What is the problem with the part?

Roger

It's called the "load sensing proportioning valve" and it costs around £200. On top of that you will have the labour to fit it.

As the pipes appear to be copper i.e. non standard, it may be that the connections have loosened a tad. If you are not sure as to what to do, I suggest you ask someone who does to try tightening them for you.

Roger

Its called 'spring assembly, load sensing' and the load sensing valve sits on top of it. Part number is 90210-60100.

Ah yes, this is the rod assembly that connects the valve to the back axle.

According to the w/shop manual you need a serious amount of kit to set-up a new valve. In reality, a decent mechanic can do it quite simply. Ask if you need more info. after you have had the new unit fitted.

Roger

Back