Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

KZJ70 RHD 1994 passenger window not working. Help to troubleshoot

lc27

Country Flag
uk
HI There.

The passenger window stop working yesterday, it went down but now do not want to go up.(and in Scotland) the switch to activated become kind of loose, I mean it does not have that kind of click noise when you lift it or press it down.

the pilot side window is working fine but slow.

Sorry but electrical is not my strength, well really not too many on mechanics either, but could you help to understand how do I start the troubleshooting?
Bye
Marc

Hi Marc, it sounds like you have already started troubleshooting.

Try the switch on the drivers side if present to work the passenger side window. That may help get the window up. You could also remove the passenger side switch carefully and inspect it. Try swapping it with the switch from the window behind it. If the problem moves with the switch which I suspect it might do, then you need a new switch.

Good luck with it and let us know how you get on.

Best wishes

Richard

My first thought was broken or worn plastic in the switch is not mechanically connecting with electrics , a blob of araldite in the right place might sort that .

thanks Gents
I did the most prehistoric troubleshooting, mainly due to the bad weather approaching, I applied a bit of electrical contact cleaning spray into the driver switch that control the passenger sit, and moved it up and down several times, and at one point the window on the passenger side started to move up!!!, slow as a turtle, but at least I managed to get it up before the bash of snow and rain. I will now strip it and have a look.
Will keep you post it!!

Is it trying to go up KZ? It may be suffering from stiff rubbers which is a big of an 80 thing. Get somebody to gently but firmly pull up on the window while operating the switch. If you don't use the window very often, you may find it stiff during cold weather and worse if wet (you mentioned wet) and cold. Another item that is a problem on the 80s is the mechanism gets worn and the bearings start juddering around. Some of this may apply to yours even though it's not an 80.

Back