Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Land Rover v Dodge RAM

Chas

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
england
Land Rover with 3.0 TDI engine vs Dodge RAM 5.9-liter DIESEL Cummins engine.

2 wheel drive V 4x4

When the wheels start spinning you have no grip and all the power in the world won't help when you may as well be on ice .

Had he put a tonne on the Ram bed he wouldn't have noticed the LR was attached until he got home .

Perfect example of torque v power. Which to be fair, is surprising in a LR.
Smaller wheels wins. Swap the wheels over then go again. I know where my money would be then.

Wonder why the dodge didn't select 4wd, it would have dragged the defender away.

Wonder why the dodge didn't select 4wd, it would have dragged the defender away.
I just watched it again, I wondered why too, hadn't noticed that before.

I didn't think they all had 4x4 and if not no low box and as Chris says its power v torque , if you can't put the power down its useless .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'd like to see the same test done in 20 years time to see what bits fall of. :lol:

Pretty sure all those dodge cummins trucks have a 4wd selector so strange that he didn't use it.

Even if it was, I still reckon it'll be a close battle. Those cummins engine, though powerful, the turbos don't exactly spool up as fast as your typical 3.0tdi lump, meaning the land rover will be quicker to lay down it's power.

Hi all I got hj60 parts of a man how put a big cumming in a land rover defender and that looks like it now land rover can do that from Tony .

The replacement for displacement is the introduction of forced induction..

Back