Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

landcruiser wanted

j555fjr

just like it says on the tin really. im looking for a landcruiser, must be 4.2 diesel, i would like a manual but im open to anything. i have cash waiting and its burning a hole in my pocket! :dance:

bit pricey me thinks. its ok but im looking for something i can spec myself to do my job. but too be honest i just think its too much money. :shifty:

To be honest, IMO, its the right money for one in that condition... but then yes you could buy a dog and spend considerable time and effort getting it to a similar standard and come out cheaper.

The worrying thing is they go for more in a worse condition!

Apart from the cost (which i think is good) it would be very to find one like that with or without toys in that condition.

you may have a point but then if the car is really in that good condition why not leave it standard? surely if your saying the price is ok then does that mean it was a waste of money putting all them bits on because it would of been worth just the same without them?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Somehow, I don't think that's quite what Paul meant. Or said actually.

It's been a controversial advert so far has that one, but the fact is that for that year (93) you'd be hard pushed to fine one as tidy. Just look a the seat bolster. With all the gear added there is a mammoth time saving in fitting it all. My only reservation would be off roading it! Far too nice. Better to sort the rest of the bits not mentioned and use it for a trip of a lifetime.

What would a tidy 93 fetch in today's market. I think that £4k would easily be achieved. Hey, I don't control the market. The tyres are a grand. That's £5k See it starts to add up doesn't it. Best part of £300 for a snork. £800 for a winch bumper..and we're over £6k already. This doesn't include labour of course as your own is free.

I'm picking up on these things because they are what you'd need to make it off road 'ready' for yourself.

Suspension £600 and change. Sliders £500

Exhaust not necessary to be stainless straight through. Oils etc - it should have those anyway. You can't add that to the price. New difflocks, again, that's part of the car.

I can see that for little calculating you can get to £8k (which is the unofficial asking price) very easily. Have to say if mine caught fire (again) £8k would look pretty attractive for getting me back to square one. It's worth considering really.

Welcome by the way.

Chris

well your kind of missing my point. what i meant was i dont want a car for off roading so all these things aint really much use to me but even if it was standard and in the condition you say its in, is it not a bit price heavy at 8k from a private sale? i know dealers have them for 8k but they are not selling, look at the adverts, some of the cars in dealers at that price were for sale this time last year and alot of them come with a warrenty. another point is with all the gear on, in its condition can anybody really afford to buy it for 8 or 9k and take it off road? i dont think i could bring myself to do it! surely if you want that kind of money you have to appeal to the whole spectrum of people, and by that i mean if a old dude wants a big 4x4 to tow his shed once a year to the local field and have some kind of holiday he aint gonna look twice at something that looks like it could take on the world, he just wants to feel important and have comfort, these strange caravanning people must be a portion of the audience your missing out on? would it be a idea to put it back to standard, drop 500 quid off the price, market it as a very good tidy car to everyone and sell the parts to get back the 500 or more? i know if this car was for sale on a car lot up here for that price, a standard one would draw far more attention.

just throwing thoughts in the hat, dont mean to ruffle feathers. :think:

Back