Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Leo Sayer

Brian S

Country Flag
england
Ok I'm not musically orientated, like a few songs/bands, (Zep/Purple etc) but my Mrs likes music, so birthday present was tickets to see Leo Sayer, at a small venue near me (10 miles)The Plough Arts, RHS Garden Rosemoor, Torrington, a little place in the middle of nowhere, (Bar and Restaurant there :icon-biggrin:)

http://www.theploughartscentre.org.uk/venue/rhs-garden-rosemoor
Click on "what's on" live events

Great venue, it has just been built, 500 seats this was the 2nd night it was open, the night before was Andy Fairweather-Lowe

This guy is an entertainer, and funny, at 68, still got a good voice. and some energy and some more.
His backing backing band was very good

Played some of his hits, and some Bluesy type jamming, told some stories, mucked about a lot, got the audience going well, dancing in the aisles

Even I enjoyed it, if he's playing near you, have an entertaining night out, go see him.

This guy was his warm up act
http://www.theploughartscentre.org.uk/event/ben-maggs

Last edited:
Thought you were going to tell me he'd died!

Just got home from Birmingham watching KISS at the NIA. They may be old but they still rock. It is ws me though, I'd be calling a halt to it all so I could go and spend my millions before I peg it.

I've got one of their albums (vynl) that I got in the 70s ( I think ) but like all the rest of the LPs and singles we have, can't/don't play them, no record player!

I can't say that Leo Sayer was ever a favourite of mine, but he was always an entertainer and it sounds like that hasn't changed with age.

I think these guys still performing (including Kiss) shows their true dedication to the art, it's what they do and they still enjoy doing it.

The list of old artists still on the road is almost endless...

Wasn't one of mine either Clive, but enjoyed the gig all the same

Back