Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Light above rear diff switch

Joe_W

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi,

Wondering if anyone can tell me what this light is indicating. It was off yesterday and always has been, got in this morning and it's on and won't go off.

Thanks in advance

Joe

IMG_4055.JPG

Looks rather like something fitted by a previous owner, not genuine Toyota to me. Maybe something to do with tow wiring. Could be wrong but just looks after market fitted into a blanking plug

Looks rather like something fitted by a previous owner, not genuine Toyota to me. Maybe something to do with tow wiring. Could be wrong but just looks after market fitted into a blanking plug

Thanks. I messaged the previous owner to see if he could help, suggested alarm system but tried this but no change. There's also a separate led for the alarm next to the gear stick.

Will keep searching.

Thanks

Thanks. I messaged the previous owner to see if he could help, suggested alarm system but tried this but no change. There's also a separate led for the alarm next to the gear stick.

Will keep searching.

Thanks
That is the towing indicator light on my 100. Same place same colour light. Maybe wet inside tow socket or other wiring fault.

That is the towing indicator light on my 100. Same place same colour light. Maybe wet inside tow socket or other wiring fault.
Thanks Gav, that would make sense. Had a lot of rain the last couple days! Will confirm when I know for sure. Cheers

On this 02 model it looks like it’s the switch for the Roll Sensing Curtain Airbag.

B77248D4-6533-470E-8B5C-B05E9B82D89D.jpeg

Mine’s always been missing and I’ve always wondered what that gap was for.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back