Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LJ70 rear lights

Ben

Guru
Country Flag
australia
i want to move the rear lights on my LJ70 into the wings, so that there up and out of the way, and so i can make a nice heavy duty rear bumper.

ive found these on Australian ebay, but the seller has never heard of a bundera, and isnt sure if they will fit my vehicle.

does anyone know if they will fit? :)

postage isnt a problem as my girl friend will send them to me, or i can collect them when im next over.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... TQ:AU:1123

IMAG0005.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0005.jpg
    IMAG0005.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 141
looks like they would fit ;) and I'm looking at doing the same too so be interested to see them. If postage is the same for 2 it'll be worth ordering together? where abouts are you Ben?

Shropshire mate. :)

i emailed the seller a few weeks ago, and they wanted a ridiculous amount of money to ship to the uk. :thumbdown:

so i was going to order them and get them sent to my girlfriend in Melbourne. and then get her to send them over to me, or i might just bring them back in my suitcase when i go in February.

alternatively get some off an LJ78 prado. :thumbup:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/landcruiser-break ... 500wt_1156

They'll fit ;)

p.s. can you take me to Aus with you?

Hi Ben

Lights from a lj 78 do not fit ! Look the same but are different , I have already tried this , so has the seller on ebay who is selling the parts as he has a lj 70 as well.

I have looked on ebay France and there is a guy selling them for 55euros I think it is for a pair , but my french is not that good , just asked my sister to translate (as she is fluent in french ). Said she will do tomorrow .

If i have any luck i will keep you posted

Garry

I go with Jimbo, they will fit but they are 70 lamps not 75 lamps

Here is a picture of a 70 with them on, they use them when there is no lamps in the bumper

70d.jpg

Attachments

• 70d.jpg
    70d.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 151
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The 70's were always designed to have them in the rear wings, just the UK Construction & Use Regulations say that if a vehicle has a spare fitted to the back door then the stop/tail and indicator lights (and the number plate iirc) must be fitted below it. That's why only imports have them in the wings here.

I got a set from an Australian ebay seller (vassemike) back in 2007. Might be worth keeping a lookout on ebay.com.au

Just looked out the invoice and it came to 100AUD in total shipped to the UK. Took less than a week.

Wiring was relatively simple, but you do need to do some fiddling as the plugs on the lights are not the same as the ones on the UK loom.

The only thing that is missing is a fog light which you can either attach separately or put a coloured bulb in the offside reversing light.

Cheers

Richard

thanks Garry, i was sure those lj78 lights would fit.

looks like getting them from France might be cheaper than getting them from OZ, please let me know how it goes. :thumbup:

i think i will wire OS reverse light as a fog light, thats what i did on my last truck! :)

hi Ben

I have just spoken to a gent in France 62 euro the pair 21 euro post .
not genuine but look ok .
Has sent me a paypal invoice will keep you posted .

Garry

thanks Garry,

much appreciated. :thumbup:

My 88 lj70 has them guess I should cherish them more maybe some light guards are called for ;)

any news on the lights Garry?

im thinking of ordering some of the ones from Oz and getting my gf to bring them over in march. :thumbup:

well i finally got my lights. :thumbup:

theyd travelled thousands of miles from Melbourne to New York to LA to London to Edinburgh and then finally to me in Shropshire! :lol:

PICT0296.jpg

PICT0297.jpg

PICT0298.jpg

PICT0316.jpg

PICT0317.jpg

PICT0318.jpg

just need to make my new rear bumper now, but i doubt that will be done in time for the 4x4 show as what im planning will be very time consuming, and will probably take longer than my front one did.! :thumbup:

Attachments

• PICT0296.jpg
    PICT0296.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 143
  • PICT0297.jpg
    PICT0297.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 130
  • PICT0316.jpg
    PICT0316.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 219
  • PICT0298.jpg
    PICT0298.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 143
  • PICT0317.jpg
    PICT0317.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 160
  • PICT0318.jpg
    PICT0318.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 255
Ben, i done the same thing to my lj70 last month.i ordered the back lights from the company in France on e bay called yatoutt-tt.the lights are a little more flimsy than the original toyota ones.the guy was really good to deal with and the lights arrived really quickly(about 4 or 5 days after i paid for them.they were 64 euros plus 8 euros pp

Just put some gaffer tape on it and tell them at the show it's special kevlar :lol:

So far so good :thumbup: Just a thought, when you fit your new bumper you may need to cut the exhaust back a bit so it won't squash flat the first time you drop off a rock step ;) (I know because it happened to me after I took my towbar off :shh: )

Also, slightly OT, how old is your spring lift? Noticed a bit of driver side lean there and if the springs are too new to be worn out then they've probably been fitted the wrong way round. The kits are usually handed, with the drivers side springs being a smidge longer to counteract the stress from the torque the engine/drivetrain create.

Jim.

Jimbo4x4 said:
So far so good :thumbup: Just a thought, when you fit your new bumper you may need to cut the exhaust back a bit so it won't squash flat the first time you drop off a rock step ;) (I know because it happened to me after I took my towbar off :shh: ) Jim.
Same thing happened to me which is why I got Prospeed to do a side exit tucked well up :thumbup:

And why I got my stainless peco one to exit out the side :mrgreen:

Back