Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LJ73's, Tell Me Why I Want One

John Eagle

Country Flag
united_states
Stumbled on a clean LJ73 3 door but don't know anything about them. So what's to like and not about this model?

LJ73 has either 2L (2446cc) or 2L-T (same but with turbo). KZJ73 had 3L turbo. 2L is a bit underpowered but tough as old boots and the natural successor to the 40 series. But it is old style engineering with no electronics. LJ73 is listed as a light duty model. Coils all round. I think so a better ride than a 40 but it will not be like a 150/200 but IMO a load more fun!
Do NOT be tempted with a BJ73 unless it has the 3B engine as the alternative, Italian made engine, is problematic.

What year is it?

Regards,

Rodger

That does look really nice and it is homologated with all its mods. Worth enquiring as to which engine it has and possibly more photos - interior, etc. Getting a winch homologated for non-agricultural is very rare.

Regards,

Rodger

That looks ace , best one i've seen for sure regardless of what engine it has in it :thumbup:

The 2L was in the mk 2/3 HiLux & has about70 BHP , no ball of fire but if the gearing is the same as the HiLux it will go up any incline & is well suited for off road.This looks like a very legit vehicle & as long as it's not been used for boat launches or is from the Canarias/Baleares should be pretty rust free.Worth the trip to check it out

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I really would like to look at it but there was one thing I forgot about. My significant other requires more creature comforts than a ride like that will provide. Doggone it! Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Compromise is the key to a happy relationship

1594838086813.png

1594838559450.png

Its a nice looking truck so deserves to be saved on the forum when the link expires .

Lovelly example and a rare one with that.. I prefer the round light bundera it looks much more classic than the square light later one.. if you can buy it then do also it's very easy to upgrade the motor.. it's the body and chassis that's hard to find..

I think you should see it, Almeria is not that far from you, and your good lady may be pleasantly surprised.

Regards,

Rodger

:text-+1: she will be shocked in a good way to learn it turns more heads than a Ferrari if you can get her out for a run in it .

I lost this one. She believes it's more prudent to focus on a more modern vehicle.

what a shame. It's more prudent to focus on an older vehicle surely ? just ask the 80 , 40 , 70 , & 60 series owners on here * not to mention 90 series.
* list made in no particular order .Rust is the biggest enemy of old Landcruisers everything else are just wear parts.

Driving my brothers one of these Toyota Land Cruiser 3.0 D Estate 2003, 77395 Miles, £9980 - 25556252 - ExchangeandMart.co.uk - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club] earned me the mrs wholesale support in favour of buying one of these instead Toyota Land Cruiser Amazon 4.2 Td Gx 5Dr Rare 80 Series Manual Amazon Suv 1998, 100000 Miles, £12990 - ExchangeandMart.co.uk - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

And for 2 years she absolutely refused to drive this

1595097608120.png

But one day 5 or 6 years ago she was forced to and 7 months later one of these which she had owned from new was sold so she could have "one like mine"

She didn't "get it" until she got in it and her verdict on my brothers posh 4x4 "boring"

Then maybe a Japanese import 79 or 90 series? Ok it's RHD but you could get used to it.

Back