Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Location of Deceleration Sensor

RubenA

Country Flag
new_zealand
I have a code C1336 and was hoping someone knows where the deceleration sensor is located on a 2000 Prado TZ. Thank you

What engine is that ?

I'm going to hazard a guess its an auto and the sensor your looking for is on the gearbox ?

it is a 1KZ. The sensor has something to do with the ABS as it has brought us an ABS light. Light only came on after a 2inch lift was installed

Thats not at all usual so I'd try not to associate it with the lift itself and the only thing i can think of is you might need to lower your brake load sensing valve thingy

Sweet as. Ive put it through a code scanner and got the code "C1336 Zero point Calibration of Deceleration Sensor Undone"

I never found that one in my 90 or maybe i did but never gave it a thought . My 80 has something similar under the centre console which i guess detonates airbags when you go from 30mph to a dead stop impact ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yea it does something like that. Ive checked under the shifter area but might have to take the center console out tomorrow and have a look

Yea ive seen that and attempted to find it but with no luck haha.

I tore my 90 apart looking for the cause of an abs warning light and eventually because it could not be anything else i worked out that the clockspring in the steering wheel was faulty .

Wow that’s crazy. How close were you to leaving it on the top of a cliff with a brick on the throttle. I’ll take the Center console out tomorrow and have a noisey

A cliff never crossed my mind i was set to tear it apart until it fit in my pocket :lol:

The deceleration sensor is in front of the transfer lever, under the lower edge of the centre of the dash.

You have to remove the centre console to see it.

Its the black box with the yellow warning sticker (in various languages):

DSCN4490.JPG

DSCN4491.JPG

DSCN4492.JPG

Bob.

I’ve looked under there but might need to have a more in-depth look. A previous owner might have done a deceleration sensor delete hahaha

Back