Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Looking for rear awning

Dave

I want to show my products in the rear of my 80 series (dog boxes and storage), so instead of taking the usual exhibition tent, and all the hassle that entails, I thought about a rear awning. Then I can just pitch up, set the awning, and open the tailgate.

The bat wing thing is a bit big, and I don't really need the side part, just the rear. Although it would be good if the rear part comes out to be wider than the car, ie, a mini batwing. It would also be nice if I could attach a side, or two.

I though about mounting a regular motorhome wind out box awning, but across the back, but it's hard to find one only 2 metres wide.

Any suggestions? I've seen something on aussie websites, looking for other ideas and maybe closer to home.

Thanks Shayne, but I already have one of those. But they're a bit of a pain, as they take a lot of room in the car, then the setting up with guy ropes, pegs or heavy weights etc, drying out when home etc.

Check out Ben's build thread. I am sure he stuck one on the back of his 70 recently. Was it an ARB? I have the Terrain awning sitting in the garage and I plan to cut that down to make a rear awning that just comes out over the tailgate from the back of the roof rack. When I can get around to to that is. They do exist.

Having said that, I like the look of this one! Cross between a straight awning and a Foxwing

Screen Shot 2015-03-09 at 17.54.50.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hmm, at £199 I still think it's over priced. I looked at the one I posted and got some more details. It's not available in the UK as far as I know but was better value that those I think. A bit more money but you get more awning.

I agree, that one looks ideal, and I could probably get away with no sides as it's a bit bigger. They seem to be only available in Australia, but I'll email them to see what the situation is.

Yes, that's the sort of thing I'm looking for. Mind you, it's a bit on the pricey side, and the 'contact' button on their website doesn't work.

hi
this website is actually mine !
thanks for pointing out the contact issue, i didnt know it was broken!
we can offer 5% discount to forum members, and free delivery to lincomb..
cheers

stan

Back