Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Looks like a nice 1996 "P" reg 80 4.5 VX Auto....

What a disappointment.

Some on here may know that I have been looking for PETROL 80 for a while, so when this came up I was quite interested. From the description I figured it would get to maybe £5.5k but if it was as good as it was described, I would have bid £6.5k tops. I didn't actually bid, as it passed £6.5k well before the end date, so I sat out.

When it didn't sell, I contacted the guy who is selling on behalf of the owner, we agreed a price of £6.5k over the phone and I paid a deposit pending collection of the truck this morning. I have just returned having made a 4 hour round trip.

I didn't take the truck !

If this vehicle has been "baselined" in the last 12 months, then I'd eat my hat!

Sure it looks nice from the outside, it has new tyres, a roof rack and a 50mm lift..

I didn't even bother to test drive it having spent half an hour looking at it properly.

Oil leaks, poor pipework, wheels with rust bubbles, small spots of rust rear tailgate. Lots of visible signs of surface rust in engine bay around pipework mounts, etc etc.. you know the sort of stuff a proud owner wouldn't want to see on their vehicle, and certainly not for £8.5K. The front hubs need a rebuild. Even the easiest to spot, the drive belts are brittle & old, show visible cracking and are deteriorating. Baselined in the last 12 months, without even bothering to change the drive belts....I rather think not! It has a relatively high mileage for a petrol, has had 9 owners and it does show.

Is it a disaster, no of course not, but it is TOP, TOP money for a petrol and I understand why the original winner walked at £8.5K. I walked at £6.5K.

In my opinion, and I think I know these trucks pretty well, £4K-4.5K max for this would be right, and you would then sort out the issues you can immediately see!

Good luck if you want to bid.

I do feel for the chap selling it, as he seems genuine, honest & pleasant to deal with.

A couple of underneath.

Image3.jpg

Image4.jpg

Image5.jpg

Rollence

That explains the first sale falling through.

£5k on the truck, £2.5k lpg, £1.5k ? on re-baselining, it would be a £9k project for me, a decent diesel would be less.

Cheers

Pete

I paid £4400 for mine with 70k miles, full history etc. Needed the front hub seals doing (weren't bad but wanted them right) and a good tidy up, a/c didnt work but since I regassed it's been fine. Has a a bubble on the bonnet where A bar bracket has rubbed. Bloke I bought it from had little interest in it (prob to do with being petrol) he had it up for £5800 to start with but money talks lol.

It sold for £4,584 which I think sounds a fair price.

Allowing £1500 for the work, means a total outlay of about £6000.

Ive given up trying to work out what a fair price is for an 80, petrol or diesel, its like trying to catch a greased pig, you get a handle on it and it twists and turns!

Ive also been put off buying a petrol with lpg already fitted unless I knew its been run properly, seems nothing is simple.

Pete

Closer to the figure I'd have expected for that. Was very surprised to see it first time round.

Back