Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Make the most of every day!!

AndycruiserguyLomas

Supporter
Guru
Country Flag
england
Over time I've had quite a few conversations with a fellow member Geoff Wyman aka TALAMAN on here. He lives in Paphos Cyprus and we had met up last time we were here.
The plan was to be taken out for the day in his Prado into the hills for an look around. I spoke to him a couple of months ago telling him we'd be over and all was good to go.
I rang him yesterday to make arrangements to get over as we are in Cyprus now to be told Geoff was in hospital in Nicosia having had a brain tumour removed and it hadn't been totally successful so he was now having chemotherapy and radiotherapy to try and help.
Geoff had been a super fit guy up to this point walking up to 20km a day and when we met him looked the picture of good health.

I'm sure all will join me in wishing Geoff well and a successful and speedy recovery.

I can sympathise, I know what it's like to be totally healthy one minute and then floored the next!
Wishing you a successful recovery Geoff, take your time and then rejoin us on this site.
All the very best.
Bob.

Your title says it all. A tale that sadly can be repeated by many of us about friends. Best wishes to Geoff.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Carpe Diem .....

We need to plan for the future but not at the expense of today...... shrouds don't have pockets .

Wishing Geoff a full and speedy recovery....

Oh..... and chaps if you only do one thing in 2024 .....get your prostate checked .... no matter how old you are .

I run a large adventure motorcycle forum here in the U.K. I have done so for over 21 years now.

I have lost more members in the last 3 and a half years to 'sudden illnesses' than I have in the entire preceding 17 and a half years.....

Sending positive energy and thoughts to Geoff, I hope he is soon able to recover enough to continue enjoying life once again.

Get well soon, and wishing you everything of the best.

Just to let forum members know Geoff sadly passed away 6.30 this morning.
Our thoughts and prayers are with his wife Joyce and his family.

Bugger..... thoughts and condolences to his family...

Was at a funeral last week , another 2 to go to in the next couple of weeks ..... last week the chap we buried was just over 40 .

The conversation at every funeral always ends up along the lines " great to see everyone.....just a crap reason "

The only conclusion I can draw is if you have family or friends you haven't seen for a while or lost touch with..... don't bugger about....make time to phone them , see them , go out for a beer with them....next week it might be too late .

Absolutely agree Grimbo - people talk about Carpe Diem but I prefer Memento Mori - we're all gone sooner or later, so make today count.

So sorry to hear this. Condolences to the family

Back