Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Maxtrax

Olazz

Country Flag
zimbabwe
Does anyone know where I can get a set of Maxtrax from, without having to spend the £275 that Devon 4x4 are charging.
Been searching ebay for a while with no luck.

Anyone have any bright ideas?

Here's a hint on waffle boards...

They use exaclty the same stuff to build certain concrete pavements and walkways, although the edges are not as nicely finished off (nothing a grinder can't fix) for 1/3 the price and also available in 30mm and 50mm versions... Can't remember the info of a supplier at the moment...

Thanks guys, however I'm looking for a pair of:

These

Not Waffles.

Olazz said:
Thanks guys, however I'm looking for a pair of:

These

Not Waffles.
I'd be interested in a pair too, If you find any at a decent price :pray: , give me a shout.

What's so special about MaxTrax? Besides being American?? They're on special on the Toyota120Platforms forum - but only in orange!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Gary Stockton said:
What's so special about MaxTrax? Besides being American?? They're on special on the Toyota120Platforms forum - but only in orange!
They are lighter, stronger, easier to wash mud off, they've got 'teeth; that the tyre tread grips onto, they 'nest' together well and can be used as a shovel.

Gary Stockton said:
What's so special about MaxTrax? Besides being American??

Don't let the Aussies hear you say that!

Sorry, guess I should have asked if any one was watching them :oops:

And Gra, that looks interesting.

Yes I was watching and have bid for it.

Aye they got a bit too salty for my budget in the end so stepped back :roll:

Ecoman said:
Aye they got a bit too salty for my budget in the end so stepped back :roll:

Yep, you and Chas were upping the ante!

I emailed the seller(name witheld) on the 7th January asking if he wanted to sell those Maxtrax seperately from his truck that was for sale.
He emailed back and said def not! Staying with the truck.

Was very surprised then to see them on Ebay a few weeks later. I emailed him and asked why he didn't let me know before listing them...came back with some odd waffle. Odd fellow indeed!

IIRC it was only me who said they had actually bid for these, maybe in future we should state what our max bid would be :think: and if anyone else was prepared to bid higher than that, then drop out to stop as Olazz said, "Upping the ante"
At the end my max bid was £165 so I was happy to get them for £161 :thumbup: but less would have been better :roll:

Back