Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Memory-Map Adventurer S7000 GPS Sat-Nav

sae70

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
uk
I have been giving a lot of thought towards buying myself some kind of OS map based in vehicle digital navigation & can't help but keep coming back to the Memory-Map Adventurer S7000 :? :)

Has anyone had any hands on experience with using one or ever looked @ them in more detail than just reading about them on-line :?:

Any thoughts or information would be gratefully received :D

I wonder if any of the exhibitors @ the Overland & 4x4 Travel Show next weekend will have an S7000 available for pawing over :think: :?:

http://www.memory-map.co.uk/acatalog/ad ... t7000.html

[youtube:1yb43asp]zgX4Z6nZNdY[/youtube:1yb43asp]

It seems to have come down in price a wee bit since it was first mooted around on here... I still haven't seen one nor know anyone who has one - the census seemed to be better throwing that sort of cash at a carputer...

Let us know if you do get one though Steve - it would be interesting to see how it works out :cool:

Cheers

I am official snooper dealer and use the s7000 funny enough I have the rep coming on Tuesday who is bringing me a memory map version..
He is also bringing a new device that is waterproof with memory map on so I will report back on Tuesday..
I am sure that I will be able to do a good forum deal on them..

I'll product test it for you buddy for a small fee - bring one over when you bring that ceebee bit for me!!! :p

Gav Peter said:
the census seemed to be better throwing that sort of cash at a carputer
This is my dilemma as I initially thought the same thing, but having been out with my m8 recently specifically to have a play with his 12" laptop set up to run FUGAWI (the same as Memory-Map it would appear) with its rather cumbersome mount plugged into a stand alone Garmin GPS with all the special leads & power supplies I do wonder just how much more practical a carputer can really be compared with the S7000 & its Advanced Navteq based UK & Europe street level mapping, Speed Safety Camera location information, TMC Traffic information technology (free of charge), Bluetooth hands free, Built in MP3 & MP4 Player & DVB-T Digital TV :o

I may be wrong, but I can't help but think you'd have to go a long way to get a carputer to do all of that :? :?:

TobyJug said:
I am official snooper dealer and use the s7000 funny enough I have the rep coming on Tuesday who is bringing me a memory map version..
He is also bringing a new device that is waterproof with memory map on so I will report back on Tuesday..
I am sure that I will be able to do a good forum deal on them..
I had noticed on your web site that you sell the truck version & did wonder/hope that you would be able to shed some light on this bit of kit for us :mrgreen: I do have a number of Q's id like to pose for you to ask the rep if you don’t mind :D :?:

Will be back later on this evening as need to dash now :( Speak with you very soon :thumbup:

I must admit that when Toby brought out my CB, he showed me one of them there snooper things & I was rather impressed by it...

I'm too far down the road of my carputer to consider it at the moment though...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Simon had one of those at the last Lincomb, or was it the one before, anyway it looked ok but the screen was quite shiney so I don't know how it will do in bright light. I'm assuming it's running a version of Windows CE so your software options may be very limited, to what is available from the suppliers, so that would mean no playing with Garmin products or anything else if MemoryMap doesn't do what you want and storage capacity is quite limited. A laptop on its own isn't ideal either, you'd be better off getting a touch screen to plug into the laptop if you already have the laptop, a tablet PC if you don't have anything yet or a PC in a small box with a touch screen mounted somewhere handy.

Gav Peter said:
I'll product test it for you buddy for a small fee - bring one over when you bring that ceebee bit for me!!! :p

I bet you will hahaha

sae70 said:
I had noticed on your web site that you sell the truck version & did wonder/hope that you would be able to shed some light on this bit of kit for us :mrgreen: I do have a number of Q's id like to pose for you to ask the rep if you don’t mind :D :?:

Will be back later on this evening as need to dash now :( Speak with you very soon :thumbup:

I do :D I am official Snooper dealer you see...
If the MM version is only half as good as the Truckmate it will be fantastic..

I drive the Artic with the Truckmate one and so far it has been awesome..

Mail me all the questions you want to know to [email protected] and I will ask him on Tuesday.

Snooper as made the hardware behind MM from the start.. anything else or general questions about the Snooper just give me a call on:
+44 (0)7572 453 789 and I will be happy to answer them..

If you txt me I will give you a call at some point tomorrow.

Gav Peter said:
I must admit that when Toby brought out my CB, he showed me one of them there snooper things & I was rather impressed by it...

I'm too far down the road of my carputer to consider it at the moment though...

:D they are awesome indeed...

TobyJug said:
I do :D I am official Snooper dealer you see...
If the MM version is only half as good as the Truckmate it will be fantastic..

I drive the Artic with the Truckmate one and so far it has been awesome..
Excellent :thumbup: This is exactly what I want to be reading :D

TobyJug said:
Mail me all the questions you want to know to [email protected] and I will ask him on Tuesday
My primary question regarding the Memory-Map Adventurer S7000 relates to the fact that on the Snooper web site the Snooper S7000 Syrius's Sat-Nav's ability & features is described in no less than 2000 odd words & makes me all milky, but on the Memory-Map web site the Memory-Map Adventurer S7000's Sat-Nav's ability is described in less than 20 words :shock: :? It does make me wonder if the S7000 offered up by Memory-Map has been dumbed down a tad :?: :!:

http://www.snooperuk.com/products/s7000 ... index.html

http://www.memory-map.co.uk/adventurerg ... s7000.html

I also wonder if the Snooper S7000 Syrius will do the same thing as the Memory-Map Adventurer S7000 if the OS map set were purchased on an SD card & inserted :?:

And my last question is does it come with a suction windscreen mount as standard or is this an item you have to purchase separately :?:

TobyJug said:
Snooper has made the hardware behind MM from the start
I do have a Road Angel Adventurer 7000 GPS that is a great little Sat-Nav that supports Memory-Map :) Although it comes with some OS mapping pre installed I never got around to buying the full MM set for it :|

images

I also have a Snooper S5-R Radar/Laser Detector :D ;)

Both have been great, but will be up for sale on the Bay if the S7000 pans out :D

TobyJug said:
Anything else or general questions about the Snooper just give me a call on +44 (0)7572 453 789 and I will be happy to answer them
Cool :cool: I may well do so after your Tuesday meeting :) Cheers :thumbup:

Load of yesses to answer lol..
I will answer when home tonight on the pc as it is a bit much on the phone to give u accurate answers..

TobyJug said:
Load of yesses to answer
Sounds promising :D I shall wait with baited breath :)

Jon Wildsmith said:
Simon had one of those at the last Lincomb, or was it the one before, anyway it looked ok
Hopefully he will be along to offer his thoughts on it :pray: :D

sae70 said:
Jon Wildsmith said:
Simon had one of those at the last Lincomb, or was it the one before, anyway it looked ok
Hopefully he will be along to offer his thoughts on it :pray: :D
Don't think he comes on here, only see him at the Lincomb events now.

Back