Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Moose avoidance test in action…

StarCruiser

Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
uk
Some of you may remember the bad press the Suzuki SJ received some 25 or more years ago for falling over on the ‘moose avoidance test’ swerving around an object. Not so a well laden Landcruiser 80…

Must’ve been their lucky day!

was that you Rich..... Cat like reactions.. T boning that little car would have been bad.

was that you Rich..... Cat like reactions.. T boning that little car would have been bad.
Yep. No chance of braking and thankfully the elderly driver continued at a snails pace once out of the junction else it would have been a tight squeeze negotiating the island.

I think that may have been one of the drivers nine lives. :icon-rolleyes:

I seems to have engaged stealth mode in error. Anyone know where the override is or can I just pull a fuse?

Or someone in that Middle section waiting to turn right.... That could have been interesting, Any way No harm done and a good work out for your trucks steering and front suspension...... Stealth mode can work in your Favour Rich, Keeps you on yer toes by the looks of it:auto-swerve:

It’s God’s waiting room round here. You have to expect the unexpected. :character-oldtimer: I think some are just trying to help the process along sometimes. Lord knows what happened to this one as it was gone from my rear view mirror in seconds, only attaining about 15 mph tops I reckon on a 50 road which is what I was doing by the time I got to that junction.

A car in the right turn lane would have made for a whole different situation. :scared-yipes:

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Rich think most of us would have used a few more discriptive words than you did good use of a mobile body swerve
You’re right there Steve, I think I was just open mouthed in disbelief.

Rich you said you live in or near Gods waiting room Soooo how long before you are driving a Fiat 500 If you are reading this again its a very noticable reduction of brain function on my part

Yep, the controlled almost silent “jeeeezus” was almost deafening Rich.

Well done, no drama, no squealing tyres, no nonsense, just a leisurely detour and a not so pleasant smell in the cab after, no doubt.

:clap::clap::clap:

Yep, the controlled almost silent “jeeeezus” was almost deafening Rich.

Well done, no drama, no squealing tyres, no nonsense, just a leisurely detour and a not so pleasant smell in the cab after, no doubt.

:clap::clap::clap:
As Impressive as Chas and His leap of faith a while back, Both Truck and Pilot coping with the situation nicely..And no one ended up in a tree....

Rich you said you live in or near Gods waiting room Soooo how long before you are driving a Fiat 500
A very very long time, if ever Steve! Though I came pretty close to taking one up the road in this vid. :)

Back