Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

More Power Please Captain!

Search the forum for a thread called "digital tuning devices" Dave I'm sure I put pics on there .

It's not the easiest of mods, the washer mod trick haha I was lucky enough to have done it when the engine was out. It's pretty tight but possible!

Going back to Macleans original question I think it's a tractor rather than a racing car he wants and IMO an exhaust is the way forward . You would never know it but the 1kz is asthmatic and I think adding power without addressing this first is a recipe for disaster . It's been a learning curve for me and I now know adding an intercooler does open a can of worms when you have an electronically controlled fuel pump and it's taken me a long time to get where I'm at .

Must be nearly two years ago I started with all this (look up digital tuning devices on here coz that's were it all began) and only today will I be connecting the intercoolers air intake temperature sensor and the results of doing so are as yet unknown . This should be the final link in the chain ..... But recently someone mentioned a solenoid that limits fuel under boost :think:

It's ok for me because my trucks my hobby and I don't really need it but if I did dropping the truck down to Charlie for a few hours , changing the air filter and turning up the fuel is as close to a wham bam thank you mam fix as I can imagine .

Last edited:
I don't have a boost controller (though I have done the washer mod on my turbo actuator) and mine pulls like a train right up to 4000rpm :think: have you moved the boost sensor up onto your cooler Fridayman or is it still in the crossover intake pipe ?

No, I don't have anything plugged into the intercooler. Do you have a pic of where you removed the boost sensor from?

Fridayman search the forum for " anyone got access to a broken collie" it's all there . I would be very grateful if you would disable your tuning box whilst moving the sensors , I think moving the sensors will give you more than the box anyway , but what I would really like to know is can a tuning box give me more again ?

Back