Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Mounting a backseat

pinogoof

Hi guys,

i hope you are all in good health and enjoying your LC's. I just bought a '86 LJ70 which came out without a backseat built in it. I want to mount one in it but I have never done something like mounting a backseat. I hope you can give me some tips/tricks and a little bit of help! I don't see the holes where to mount/screw the bolts.

kind regards,

pino from Holland

Hi should be two holes behind the drivers seat and two behind passenger seat and also another four holes in the back about half way down the towards the back doors where u bolt two anchors to so the seats clamp round the as the rear seats fold up. I've got the back seat from a 92 model lj70 and anchors which I don't use any more which are in the grey trim

Just be aware some have seat belts on the rear seat and some dont. It depends on the year and the market it was intended for .The seat without belts only have one latch holding it down,the seats with belts have 2 latches. As the holding down bit is built into the floor ,they are not interchangeable without cutting up the floor and welding new bits in.
Some owners in Australia would remove the rear seat in early JDM imports and lic them as a 2 seater because Australian law required seat belts in the rear after a certain year.
But I think they do this in Holland to save on tax?

Hi guys,

A big thanks for your replies. Is it possible for you to post some photos of the holes and their exact place? I don't see any holes in my car as where to mount. Could it be that it came out without?

Where is that backseat located Craig?

Hi yea I'll take some pics tomorrow for you ok
has ur truck got the carpet still in it? Mine is all cut out and thrown out all just the bare floor so ull see in the pics I send tomorrow for you cheers

Thanks Craig! Where is the back seat you mentioned at the moment?

Awaiting your pictures.

Thanks in advance,

Pino

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
This is the floor and seat folde up in the back of my FJ73 ,same as the other models. As the seat goes back down,the catches on the seat lock into the floor.
landcruiser pics 044 (Small).jpglandcruiser pics 043 (Small).jpg

Hi guys,

you think i can mount something like this also? How practical would something like this be?
Has anyone of you have any experience with these kind of seats? i mean in daily use.

seat.jpg

Last edited:
They are not ideal in an accident. These seats usually have lap belts and sitting sideways does awful things to the spine in a smash. Have you checked the legalities of fitting seat and belts?

I think your right Rosco. The country where I will be using does not require seatbelts in the back of the car.

It's just hard to find a backseat here in Holland.

Back