Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Mpg Again

silvercruiser

Sorry to bring this up again but ive just come back from a trip to france and recorded my usage etc

I got 24mpg both ways and i didnt think this was too bad as i was traveling along at 80mph pretty much all of the way and im running on 17" 120 rims with the 265/70/17 bf all terrains.

I wonder what i would of got if i had stuck to 60 mph :?: apart from my lead boot aching :lol:

Joe

i did a test a few weeks ago and got about 31 mpg but didnt go over 60 mph!!

30 MPG is not impossible in a 95 auto on a long trip but working in the woods i'm getting about 22/24 MPG

I just spent the weekend laning in Wales, 50/50 off & on road & got 16.7mpg on the first day over 99 miles :D :thumbup:

Is this good :?: :think: :whistle:

sae70 said:
I just spent the weekend laning in Wales, 50/50 off & on road & got 16.7mpg on the first day over 99 miles :D :thumbup:

Is this good :?: :think: :whistle:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Works for me :thumbup:

Bob.

Just did a run with vehicle fully loaded, ready for overland trip. So its pretty heavy and has larger tyres and roof tent etc etc

80% @ 65mph

Initially the app on my phone said 12.2 MPG :evil: :evil: :evil:

Then realised that cant be right. App couldnt handle decimals. :naughty:
Actual MPG is 24.5. I can put up with that

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
ignat said:
Just did a run with vehicle fully loaded, ready for overland trip. So its pretty heavy and has larger tyres and roof tent etc etc

80% @ 65mph

Initially the app on my phone said 12.2 MPG :evil: :evil: :evil:

Then realised that cant be right. App couldnt handle decimals. :naughty:
Actual MPG is 24.5. I can put up with that

I could live with that too.

What size hoops do you have fitted? And do you have a snorkel fitted (has it made any diff)?

Hi Et

265/75/16 I think the same you have? GG AT2's. Snorkel fitted, but I've never checked for a difference . From what I've read there is none or no noticeable difference. Oh and its turned around so if there is a 'ram effect' i havent had the gains from it :)

ignat said:
Hi Et

265/75/16 I think the same you have? GG AT2's. Snorkel fitted, but I've never checked for a difference . From what I've read there is none or no noticeable difference. Oh and its turned around so if there is a 'ram effect' i havent had the gains from it :)

Do yourself a favour and get a Unichip/Dastek chip fitted - I do not think that you will be disappointed (I reckon it will pay for itself on your trip down too).

Have you had a chance to measure any improvements in MPG?

Will be interesting to see what gains there could be and how many miles I need to cover to offset the £350 or so the chip costs!

OT: What was the result of the injectors work?

I tried last year to not go above 60mph or 2k RPM and managed 1000km out of a tank of fuel = 621 miles I worked that out to just over 30mpg, but OMG was I bored shi7less or what :sad-roulette: I average about 23mpg and I mainly do short trips of around 6miles per time. I do wonder what the difference would be should I get the injectors checked for effeciency, after all my motor is almost 15 tears old ! Anyone tried this and noticed a difference ?

ignat said:
Have you had a chance to measure any improvements in MPG?

Will be interesting to see what gains there could be and how many miles I need to cover to offset the £350 or so the chip costs!

OT: What was the result of the injectors work?

I have only done just over a qtr tank now but it is looking comfortably like a 10%+ improvement so far. I'm keen to see what the range is going to be on a full tank.

Surprisingly the injectors did not make a massive difference to the fuel consumption, maybe 1mpg extra. They did make the truck a lot smoother though through the rev range, and I think that I possibly drive a little quicker since I had them done.

Just worked out all of my mpg's associated with my rescent trip to Wales a total of 643miles :)

Local driving the day before going 19.27mpg

Journey to wales A12, M25, M4 bla bla bla 228miles @ motorway speeds :whistle: 19.57mpg

A days laning on Saturday 50/50 lanes & tarmac, lots of low range 99mile round trip 16.78mpg

A days laning on Sunday simular to Saturday 112miles 18.92mpg

Fast journey home from Wales @ motorway speeds :whistle: 19.16mpg

Just had a weeks holiday to Newton Abbott from Southampton. Brimmed the tank at start. Drove to Devon at 65-70 MPH loaded with all gear for week. Travelled around until Thurs when had to top up. 352 miles using 58 ltrs works out to 27mpg. Truck is a 1998 Colorado. Standard tyres, no mods and auto. Had injectors serviced and rebuilt at 130,000 mls and now done 152,000mls. Only thing different was added 200mls of two stroke oil to tank before filling up.

Back