Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

my ambulancewhat have I got

picb

Country Flag
australia
just bought a diesel v8 Paul and Warner body ambo seems to have troopy rear doors and 2 doors at front. 2010 model with 65 kkm looks pretty sad as stripping decals has not helped the paintwork which has 5 years of Tom Price dust imbedded.
I guess the Vin is the answer?
please advise. Also going deep into the pockets as it needs new front windscreen, shockies and tyres. Intend to use it for towing 18' boat up north and 90% road 10% sand (fishing). So any advice on these is welcome.
Picb perth

Nice intro matey, welcome to the forum. Look forward to pics of what could be a really interesting truck.:thumbup:

Welcome to the forum, always interesting to see and hear about "less common" trucks...

:banana-gotpics: We all love photos :lol:

Welcome Pic, sounds like an interesting truck, looking forward to seeing some pics. I think there were one or two of these or similar on EBay for sale a while back IIRC.

Hope you have lots of fun with it.

Best wishes

Richard

pic follow. relicencing is so much fun...not. the inspection rejected it as small leaks at cv's , roll bar with no discernable serial no ...he was too lazy to peel back the rubbers. so this must be removed or a special permit obtained. finally as wew removed the roof racks with sirens lights attached they want it weighed...duh a tank of gas would weigh more. Cleaning 5 years of Tom Price dust from allover and within has been as bad as removal of the decals and the c18 just has not cut it. I am trying sugar soap tomorrow but will probably cut and polish the paint. THE ENGINE BAY YUK NO IDEA WHAT TO DO.
So I guess iy is a 70 series?
pics on way.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
20151224_092119_resized_3.jpg20151224_092047_resized_3.jpg20151224_092111_resized_3.jpg

VDJ7_ something... I don't know the Troopy designation, but the important bit is the VDJ7_ bit for getting parts on the whole.

Can't imagine WA being that strict on the RWC... although I suppose as they register and forget about vehicles it makes a difference...

It is designated VDJ78 as a Troopcarrier model.
Pit would have seen some hard miles, so worth going right through it if you plan to keep her long term.
Things like new body mounts even will help tighten it up again, but check for chassis and body cracks.
Have fun.

For the engine bay, I suggest a branded de-greaser spray, or the "muck-off" stuff cyclists use or failing that, a home-made mixture of diesel thinned with paraffin, then a liberal spray with a medium power jet wash with the engine running.

Nice looking truck otherwise, in good nick by the look of the photos. :thumbup:

Give it a wash in a product called simple green and then pressure wash it off. you will be amazed at how good it will come up. can do everything in it engine bay , exterior etc.

I used to use wax-off when did detailed valeting gets rid of grease oil the lot and won't discolour any painted areas.

Pit would have seen some hard miles, so worth going right through it if you plan to keep her long term.
Things like new body mounts even will help tighten it up again, but check for chassis and body cracks.
Have fun.
Well it has been a long hard road (like where it came from!!) the one advantage is that Tom Price is as dry as a desert so the washing of this unit seemed to have been overlooked.
The initial issuuuue of re licencing was a real drame where the nominated inspection/certification business said I had to remove the roll bar, rear (nurse/attendant ) seat ten have it re weighed?? the difference would have been less than a full tank of diesel!! So the bar was removed and they agreed I could licence it with the seat. I re presented only to find they moved and would not open their new premises for 3 weeks. Start again!! Another business , thei time they said it could not be licenced with 3 seats and I would have to present to the road traffis authority to have it examined and passed as is. 3 permits later I went there.
Low and behold; no problem returned to certifiers and got it passed.
The saga continues. Will tell
Nice intro matey, welcome to the forum. Look forward to pics of what could be a really interesting truck.:thumbup:

you of what has since been done soon. with pics.

Have fun.
see latest post ..thanks

nice wagon, a good cutting polish should bring it back pretty easy, the paint on mine was really chalky & when i rubbed my hand over the surface my hand turned blue, i used a tin of cutting polish & spent a few afternoons rubbing polish into it and wiping it off with a terry tea towel doing small sections at a time, once i finished doing the whole truck i repeated the procedure again but this time i just used a non cutting cream polish & gave it a light buff. it brought the paint back like new, now i just use a mequiras spray polish to keep it looking good :)
12065935_692799964188359_8774423003839147315_n_zpsja5dr1dz.jpg
12002790_675518189249870_3489100732110311976_n_zpszpbackyw.jpg
12237421_1666196926991136_1240321222_n_zps54waerfn.jpg

Back