119_0021.jpg

Parts
119_0020.jpg

To do List
119_0026.jpg

119_0025.jpg

119_0030.jpg

A few Questions?

What do you think the oil is from on top of the engine?
Did the 1HD-FT ever have much problems like the1HD-T with BEB?
What maintenance should do straight away?
Is all the parts for an axle rebuild there? not including bearings.
I'm sure I'll have more :D

Very nice, just like my old one :thumbup:

BEBs not an issue,

Full service needed i think and blanking off that egr is a quick cheap mod, let me know if you need blanking plates.
All the brake callipers will need a check and maybe rebuild, not bad jobs to do.
Check fuel filler cap and fuel tank breather, all listed on here in the faq's.

Loads more will come i expect but nothing serious.

Looks good,let the challenges begin. I've just started using an 80 GS after 15 years of a 12v auto, most noticeable thing is the fuel economy, you should get a good 25+ mpg, I'd be suprised if not. Best of luck.

Andy

Plenty to do there and the good news is that it's all been covered on here before. Rear diff input seal took me 30 mins the other night. It's that easy.
front swivels look ok, be nice to get them degreased and scraped off so you can see what you are doing. For the front hub you do have a lot of the parts there not including the wheel bearings as you said. Also there are no top and bottom swivel bearings or shims. Now you may not need those of course. There are also some snap rings on the end of the shaft that aren't there and a few spare cone nuts, washers and studs which are always worth having. There aren't any thrust washers, locking tab washers or 54mm nuts. Don't forget to order a 54mm socket or box spanner before you start. If you use a hammer and chisel we will drive over to your place, en masse and hold you upside down by your ankles.

If possible check that the two small round seals next to the pile of boomerangs are genuine Mr T. Many of the after market ones don't have a very god reputation.

You may also want to service your CV joints whilst you are in there so you'll need about 3 tubs of CV grease too. A box of disposable gloves, a bag of rags and a roll of that blue paper towel. Clearly we can't tell if your CVs are OK from here. Do remember to take the ABS sensors out of the top of the swivel first. It's o easy to forget and you'll end up bashing them when you pull the drive shafts out.

Nice looking Cruiser by the way. Should be a nice drive.

Chris

Thanks Lads I have been reading up on all my jobs so when I get time I'll jump straight in.
I'm going to keep it standard for now because it drives great :thumbup:

paul it could have been yours, it came from the uk in 2004

Chris said:
If possible check that the two small round seals next to the pile of boomerangs are genuine Mr T. Many of the after market ones don't have a very god reputation.Chris

Sorry Chris you will have to elaborate pile of boomerangs :?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Metal half circle things next to the TWO SMALL ROUND SEALS :roll:

Come on. You managed to make it this far ...

Chris

Oh ye you just lost me with ''boomerangs'' :oops:
Its a milner kit that came with the truck so don't think its Mr. T's

OK then maybe worth getting Toyota inner axle seals. They are the most crucial bit in all of this. The keep the oil in the axle and the grease in the swivels. Mixing the two is not good. Couple of quid worth spending.

Chris

Back