Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My violin is out for this guy

Who remember's Ian's pic:

swimming.jpg

I think he had been listening to The Navy Lark on the radio and convinced himself he was a submarine. :lol:

Oh crikey! What was the outcome of that one? What vehicle was it?

…i am inclined to believe an inexperienced guy in an unmodified truck probably on his first off road adventure seen a muddy puddle as opportunity to get the truck dirty so he could go home to the kids and say hey look daddy's the man which is why he gets my sympathy .

The body language , the feeble attempt to get water out , the total disregard for the fact he himself was soaked all tell me the depth of the "puddle" was a total shock and a fuck up to the tune of 50 grand :violin:

Totally agree Shayne, that was a 'that puddle looks next' thought and then 'what happened…oh f&£@!!'
I think he was just stunned really. I liked the recovery, again this seems to suggest an inexperienced group.

Lynn and I visited Chester a year or two back and had a walk round the walls. At one part there is a set of locks and we went to have a look and Lynn trotted towards the first one next to a large patch of leaves which I realised was the water. She hadn't and was happily standing with her foot an inch from the edge of the lock. [emoji33]

I gently led her away from the edge with a puzzled look from her. When I told her she went white and had to go and sit down she was so shocked. She had no inkling she was an inch away from 20-30 feet of water it was so still and level with the top.

I'll never question someone from fire and rescue wading with sticks in front. You never know what lies beneath the water until it's explored, especially if it's surface is obscured or its clouded by mud/colour.

Back